My River Reef 94 Marine Adventure!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I keep my tank at around 27/28

Your tests indicate some die off, so the start of your cycle woo hoo...........

Seffie x

woo hoo indeed!! lol

with the nitrite being 0 is that because its been higher and now due to the cycle its being changed into nitrate? the ammonia should clear first then nitrate?

Do I need to do a water change now to reduce the nitrate or will that sort itself out in next few days? I have about 3g spare mixed RO water in a canister

No need to change the water yet wait till all stats drop Nitrates may never drop to 0 anywhere lower than 10 is good

hello mate iam starting a a marine soon its the same tank you have i was just wondering are u planning to use a protein skimmer. i really dont no much about marine is a protein skimmer the same as a fluvel filter or do u have to use both. or once u have a skimmer do u not need a fluvel filter. sonds like iam asking a stupid question but i dont no much about marine.

iam going to start buying equipment in the next few weeks and just reading threw ur stuff iam feeling confident cheers mate. ps when will u have time to put up new pics.

No such thing as a stupid question in this game :good: the only stupid question is the one not asked!

A skimmer is not the same as a fluval filter - it skims organic waste from the water

Seffie x

A Protein skimmer is very diffrent to an Fluval, I do know a lot of people run without skimmers its not something I have or would try for any length of time, a skimmer basicaly removes any protein from the water by using bubbles and dumps the waste into the cup. These can be very expensive but there are some cheaper skimmers not as good but do the job. The other option is regular water changes I would guess at 20% but as I have never run skimmer less i would be guessing

ok so there is no pump in a marine tank its just a skimmer needed with water changes
or do i need a pump for cleaning as well

hello mate iam starting a a marine soon its the same tank you have i was just wondering are u planning to use a protein skimmer. i really dont no much about marine is a protein skimmer the same as a fluvel filter or do u have to use both. or once u have a skimmer do u not need a fluvel filter. sonds like iam asking a stupid question but i dont no much about marine.

iam going to start buying equipment in the next few weeks and just reading threw ur stuff iam feeling confident cheers mate. ps when will u have time to put up new pics.

glad to be of help mate
There ain;t much point in me adding more pics for now as nothing changed other than the powerhead added but I assure you that ain;t that interesting lol

waitingfor levels to settle etc and then will add a couple of hermits and a couple of snails. I'll stick some pics up then and I should have my new camera by then so will be snap happy!!!

Glad my posts are of help I;ve needed loads so far as an ignoramus of marine fish, They are a good bunch on here and will answer any question no matter how basic just look how basic mine have been lol

Looking good so far :good: The cost really does seem to mount up a bit on the first few weeks/months, but its worth it. Looking forward to watching it grow.

I really like the paint job, looks brill.

I may have have missed it, but whats you plans for stock mate?

James

Its only a small tank so just 2 clown fish for now and I;d like a xenia and a toadstool

since I;ve been getting into it all and reading up etc I;m more inclined now to set up a larger coral tank with less emphasis on the fish. as an oddball lover I always wanted a fish only marine with lionfish etc but now I;ve got this passion for the corals now

I can feel a marine addiction coming on something I;ve resisted for 19 yrs of fish keeping!!

I may have have missed it, but whats you plans for stock mate?

James

Its only a small tank so just 2 clown fish for now and I;d like a xenia and a toadstool

since I;ve been getting into it all and reading up etc I;m more inclined now to set up a larger coral tank with less emphasis on the fish. as an oddball lover I always wanted a fish only marine with lionfish etc but now I;ve got this passion for the corals now

I can feel a marine addiction coming on something I;ve resisted for 19 yrs of fish keeping!!

Its a slippery slope now.............. I started with a nano, now i'm onto the 260ltr & I have plans in motion for a monster tank, I will never have any spare cash again! lol

its avery slippy sloap started with 65litre then 400 now a 2000 sumod

wow.. this is a turn up for the books
w00t.gif

congratulations and good luck with your new venture.. may you enjoy being skint forever more :lol:

tank looks fab :)

shelagh xxxxxx

wow.. this is a turn up for the books
w00t.gif

congratulations and good luck with your new venture.. may you enjoy being skint forever more :lol:

tank looks fab :)

shelagh xxxxxx

lol thanks Shelagh!!

just itching to go to next stage of having life in there :rolleyes:

well spotted a snail in there last night moving very slowly over the rock, only about a centimetre long with a white speckled shell, like a mottled jellybean, it had a whiteish body as well as two long feelers at front

Also what looks like a starfish growing on one rock, only noticed today, ithas potential for five legsbut only three fully grown , its lime green ish and about 1 cm across???

also lime green algae I assume growing on one rock and I think some mini zoas on another?

any ideas on starfish thing, i can;t take pics that are decent till my new camera comes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back