My River Reef 94 Marine Adventure!

Hello mate
Well not a great deal to add I;m not adding any new fish for a while its been the Royal Gramma on his own for a few weeks.

I need to remove the finger coral and either site him somewhere else in the tank or sell it

One thing I did notice recently is a lot of the coraline has gone from the back of the tank and I cannot understand why??

Plans are to get another blenny as he ws my favourite and probably a coral beauty or fire fish :good:

Simon

Maybe something is eating the coralline?

Personally I do scrape the glass where I can reach but I dont get a lot of growth. For me it seems to be attracted to the rocks, powerheads and the heater, which has got so bad that I coudnt adjust it until my urchin started work on it ;)

well the tank has only had the one fish for so long (Royal Gramma) I got it a tank mate today a lovely Coral Beauty. I really liked the one I had last year which suffered with white spot prob as a result of me rushing the set up, can;t be accused of that now as theres only been one fish for a long time

Only other addition will be a lawnmower blenny in a month or so

Woop!!!!! But si.... Where are the pictures?

Started to get a little disollusioned witht he calcium issues etc and wondering whether I should wait to do a proper reef once I manage to sell my house and get a bigger one where I can fit a bigger tank and have proper lighting and sump etc in

Had a few thoughts recently of selling some of the LPS corals off (if they are the ones that take calcium from the water?)and maybe stripping it down to just the rock, keep the CUC bar the crab but keep the shrimps, sell the two fish and set it up for sea horses?

mmmmmmm what to do?

heres some new pics of my tank plus the new addition the coral beauty
010-41.jpg

011-43.jpg

014-34.jpg

016-30.jpg

035-7.jpg

036-10.jpg

037-7.jpg

039-6.jpg

040-5.jpg

041-4.jpg

042-2.jpg

043-3.jpg

044-3.jpg

047-4.jpg

the crabs quite a character had him months and doesnt seem to cause a problem

I might remove and sell the corals that consume the most calcium. Is that LPS? Which ones are they the lobos?

as cool looking as that crab looks id get rid of it ASAP before it becomes too big and then things start to disappear

it does look like a sally lightfoot to me, the red eyes throw me off though..

it is a sally lightfoot and I think its full grown already its about 3 inches or so across

which corals do you think consume the most cacium out of these?

Time for an upgrade :whistle:

Your tank looks like mine atm and i have lost some stock recently for some reason :huh:

Well you have sps corals in there so i would of thought they would use the most cal but maybe u should frag some of the lps ones?

I;m not ready for an upgrade yet Harry if I;m being honest I;ve lost a bit of interest in the marinewhich is frustrating me. Thats why I was thinking of reducing the amount of corals in there for now and getting easier to keep ones

which ones are the sps Harry? I;ve never got my head round that? :good:

the sps (soft pollup stones) are the hard ones like your plate plate montipora

haven't tested the water for a while or changed the water for a couple of weeks so here goes on the water thats coming out

ph 7.7 too low again
nitrate 0 again - chaeto is ace!!
sg 1.033!!! far too high
temp 26

anyway will leave it at that and get the water changed

haven't tested the water for a while or changed the water for a couple of weeks so here goes on the water thats coming out

ph 7.7 too low again
nitrate 0 again - chaeto is ace!!
sg 1.033!!! far too high
temp 26

anyway will leave it at that and get the water changed

Tut tut tut someone been topping up with Salted water ?

Most reactions

Back