My Rio 180 Betta Tank Journal... Pic Heavy...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fantastic Topic, Pongo is just like Lotus just a little lighter in colour! :hyper:

I know :hyper:

I couldn't believe it when Kev brought him home for me! He knew I loved your guy as he is so unusual

I'll sort some more pics out soon as they're all heavily planted right now :D

Love the new guys. Really pretty.
Can i just say i'm setting up a new tank for a betta and i decided to make a coconut cave cos you made it look/sound so easy.....nearly 3 HOURS!!!! I offically now hate coconuts lol

ive got to ask, why only 1?

kev did the doorway using a saw and garden sekateers (SP) he cut a slit the length of the door i wanted and cut the rest off with the cutters

i used a metal lemon zester to file away at the hair on the outside, and a file on the doorway

It was a smallish coconut so you could have had 2 tiny caves or one decent sized one. I used a hacksaw/wire cutters combo. Will try sand paper on it and see if the smooths it out. Will run the sandpaper over the outside too in case the zester missed any of the hair

I'd pay you just so that i never have to look at another coconut again!!! :angry:

I'm thinking i'll put some java moss on top if i can find any. You just tie it on with fishing line don't you?

Sorry i'm hijacking your thread here :look:

summat along those lines - apparently the nets that oranges come in is best. easier to peg down.

I havent attempted java fern on it, thought I liked them as they are

Ah good idea, plus it means i'll get some vit c in my diet lol. Is it a case of net over the moss and wait for it to grow through and over?

Cool well i guess that's my cave sorted. Got a while yet tho cos i only started cycling the tank yesterday. The stunning guy i saw will be long sold before i am ready. Are metallic silvery bettas that common? Just my lfs had in some that weren't blue/red and they looked to be either crown or combs

I meant are they quite rare, bad grammer sorry. I'd not seen one before anywhere and they had one silvery one there who was a comb or crown. I wanted him so badly but I had nowhere for him to live so I went and bought a tank. He'll be long gone by the time it cycles but i'm hoping.......:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back