My Red Zebra Cichlid is convulsing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

can you put up a few photos and give us the chemical parameters in your tank please if possible?

then we can all help you further

Attachments

• 20211022_171626.jpg
    20211022_171626.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 57
When he convulses, his mouth opens as though taking heavy breaths. But mostly its just a consequnce of convulsions...

Understood. But, I would like to know if the problem is a disease, an injury or something else
This issue is without being able to rule out a problem with the wate and no external signs there is no way to tell.

99% of the time it's a problem with the water quality.

I would suggest doing a large water change as a precaution anyway.

Edit, what size tank, what other fish and how long has it been running? These might help nail down the issue.

This issue is without being able to rule out a problem with the wate and no external signs there is no way to tell.

99% it's a problem with the water quality.

Thanks.

whats the chemical table like in the tank at the moment?

nitrates nitrites ammonia and ph ect?

Can you buy test kits such as API online?

you really MUST test the tank regular or things like this will always occur

99% of the time it's a problem with the water quality.

Edit, what size tank, what other fish and how long has it been running? These might help nail down the issue.
I just fear that the problem is not so much an illness or anything, but a heavily nipped tail. I definitely know that this cichlid is bullied. Could you please look at the photo and say if the tail is just eaten or something

Attachments

• 20211022_182917.jpg
    20211022_182917.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 45

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back