My Rams Laid Eggs! Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brahmza

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello! In my 55g tank I have 3 pairs of German rams. Two pairs of German blues and one pair of electric blues. My most dominant pair seems to have laid eggs today. They've been paired for about two weeks, and its my first time keeping rams, so I have a couple questions.

First, what kind of foods can the fry be fed? I've heard of them only eating inforusia or whatever, but I've also heard of them eating successfully with frozen baby brine, and I discovered a product called Liquifry. It would be nice if there was a food I could purchase!

Second, I have a pretty powerful Marineland filter. Not sure what the different kinds of filters are called, but mine hangs on the back and has a tube that goes into the tank. Estimated gallons per hour on it are 400. Curious if this filter would be a danger to the fry, and if so, what options are available to fix it without completely removing the filter.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Congrats!

Unfortunately, the chances that the eggs or fry will survive with that many predators is pretty slim.  Are you looking to raise as many fry as possible or just try and help them if they hatch and then let nature take its course?

Well, I'm looking to hopefully raise them. I do have a small 2 gallon tank I could set up for holding fry, or I could use a breeder net in the top of the tank they're currently in. I also have a 20 long, but I don't have a place to put it really. More curious about feeding and such. It looks like some of the eggs are missing, so I'm going to let them give it a try a few times before I intervene.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back