My Possibly Pregnant Molly Has Developed Silver Shiny Patches On Her S

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wendyngd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I thought they were white but when I got a better look at them, the patches looked like a shiny silver. (She's dalmation--black and white). She seems to be okay otherwse, just can't find anything written about this. Could she be changing color as she ages (going grey)?

I've thought she was pregnant for a while--such a big belly--but we've seen no fry yet. Could they have been aborted? She'll probably surprise us tonight with her fry.
Any thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

-Wendy :fish: :fish: :fish: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How long has she been looking pregnant? Any way you can get a picture? I have 2 dalmation mollies and I think mine have sort of a shimmer, but they have been that way for awhile, with no other signs

Sometimes the black and white mollies do have silver shimmer to them. However...If it looks gold this is a disease called velvet!
It is also possible that fry can be aborted but it only occurs when she is stressed, or there are problems.

You know, I bought my mollies about a month ago, and didn't notice until they got home that they have light yellow patches on them (maybe 1 or 2 spots) and the spots aren't raised. They actually just look like fluke coloring or something. The are just like the black dalmation spots except a light yellow. I always just thought it was their coloring. And they haven't grown any or gotten worse, no other signs. I'm also treating the tank with copper safe, so maybe that is helping, but they aren't gone yet, or even smaller. hmmm... -_- -_-

Well dalmation mollies are the most difficult fish to diagnosis, at least to me that is because they have all those weird colorings and shiny spots, and you swear that's it's some kind of disease but then it turns out not to be. So just be sure to look at many pictures before you decide to treat with anything.

Most reactions

trending

Back