My Pellet Gun

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sombody who lives around my area shot my one of the most awful teachers in my school. lol .Still i should't laugh its quite serious but it couldn't of happened to anybody more deserving.

With one of these pellets guns of course.

We've got an air rifle for killing the rabbits that get too close to our house. We don't kill them for fun, only when they are in danger of getting into the footings! We have huge burrows in our garden and that's fine, just keep away from the house. I had a go with the air rifle (shooting at a can) they have quite a kick, don't they? There is an article in our local paper today about some yobbos who shot a swan. Fortunately they only grazed it's skin, there is no pellet in there. It's mate stayed nearby all the time the rescue was going on.

used to have a glock 17 long barel, gas powered with laser sight. I remember on a lads holiday in Kavos we all bought these pellet air guns from a dodgy shop and jees they were strong i shot my friend from about 25 ft and it took him to the floor. since then i have never touched them but cool gun

They do have a bit of a kick. I dont kill any animals unless they have more then 4 legs :alien: . I got a bumble bee once B) .

Don't shoot your eye out with that pop gun :) Reminds me of tht movie about Christmas.
A Christmas Story, one of my favorite movies. TBS (a TV station) runs it all day on Christmas day.

I had a couple pellet guns similar to that years ago. One was a pump up type that was very powerful. My dad used to squirrel hunt with it. The other just worked like an air rifle and you had to break the barrel down to load it like yours. Not nearly as strong. It would just lodge under the skin and cause a nasty infection kind of like the BB gun in National Lampoon's Vacation where Chevy Chase shot John Candy in the rear. (Yes I like sick comedy movies and if you look at my profile you will see that my wife has named 2 of our bettas after Chevy Chase characters in movies, actually 3 but one (Ty from Caddy Shack) died)

ahh i'll just add that those crazy pump up ones are 100% illegal now... very very powerfull as you just pump and pump and pump, the more you pump the more powerfull it is...

i agree with all the concern though i live in the countryside and use mine in a huge field with no houses for 1/2 mile. i wouldn't fancy using one in the back garden of a semi detached town house. accidents can happen.

your also supposed to be 16 to use one (18 would make more sence i feel)

:( aww don't shoot bumble bees. While I have to say that must have been a great shot - it was a fuzzy harmless little bumble :(

Bumble bees are a protected species, believe it or not! We have a nest near us and they quite often come into our conservatory in the summer. I wait until they have calmed down then catch them and put them outside. :)

No! Never been stung by anything (touch wood). I bet it would hurt. Bees don't sting unless they really have to because they die. The sting being pulled out of them kills them. Whereas a wasp keeps it's sting and can sting repeatedly. A friend had one go inside her clothes one summer and it stung 7 times before she could kill it. Ouch! Been to Australia on holiday and couldn't believe the size of their insects. The wasps were enormous. :rolleyes: Bet they'd be easy to hit.

We have big Bee in Texas
BumbleBee1.jpg
:S

That does look big. I've been to US too, Arizona and Utah. Don't remember seeing any especially large insects (we were mainly in the desert region). Luckily didn't see any snakes either! Didn't see any in Oz as well and we were in the outback. Just been lucky so far. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back