My New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hmm should I go with the Aqua Medic Ocean Light or should I just decide to fit a T5 onto the hood?

Also at work there's a Fluval not sure how many litre it is but it looks around 100. Apparently it leaks but I can have it for £30 :)

It's just the tank, not light, filter, heater etc...

Bringing home 3 more pots of dwarf hairgrass today.

Also might get 3 neons to help cycle, apparently me nitrite or nitrate is a lil high, so was suggested to put some fish in.

Also does anybody know which light would be more beneficial?

Aqua medic ocean light 150w over tank, or a t5 light bulb?

Very nice setup there. Neons will make a nice shoal like. I would be worried about the sand like. It can go cruddy pretty quickly and using a gravel cleaner can be a right carry on coz it disturbs the sand and causes the water to become cloudy.

I don't really want neons for my shoaling fish, just using them to sort the water before I get the proper stock list in.

Also I've had sand as my substrate for my last 3 tanks :)
Never had any problems with it.

First lot of fish going in today :)

Went to Highways Garden Centre to look at fish, found some I like, but my mum said I could have some of her mates sons fish as he's losing interest in them, so I picked out the Ancistrus and 3 Gold Mountain Minnows, the Minnows tail is so nice and red :)

They were in a cold water tank so I am floating them in the bag for a while so they can acclimatize to the temperature change.

Hopefully can get some pictures up later tonight.

Never been very good with plecs, they all seem to die on me, so if this one goes well I'll spend out on a Gold Ancistrus at £11.99 :)

Looking forward to seeing pics. of the fish in there, coming along nicely :good:
:fish:

The fish have produced so much poop in 4 days :|

Going to clean the filter piece today as that's got a lot of the plant media around it.

Maybe I should think about getting some Corydoras in the tank to clean up all the poop, seeing as the Ancistrus isn't doing it :/

Also I've been thinking of getting a shark, but don't have the room :( Would really like one though.

The fish have produced so much poop in 4 days :|

Going to clean the filter piece today as that's got a lot of the plant media around it.

Maybe I should think about getting some Corydoras in the tank to clean up all the poop, seeing as the Ancistrus isn't doing it :/

Also I've been thinking of getting a shark, but don't have the room :( Would really like one though.

No fish eat poop. None.

They'll eat left over food and plant matter, but no fish eats poop. Not freshwater anyway.

I've never had this poop problem in my last 3 tanks, but for those tanks I had Cory's...

Hmm, maybe I should get some cory's in there and see what happens.

When should I start to add the stock I want, and what should I add first?

I am really keen on a RTBS or a Ruby Shark, any idea on the growth rate of these?

Update picture:
DSCF3723.jpg

Got black backing on now.

Was also told my water is too hard for GBR's as it's at 600.

Also saw some new cory's I want and some new dwarf cichlids I've never seen before.

Mac Masteri Red Cichlid and Corydoras loxozonus.

Wow that hairgrass has shot up wild!
What are you using to dose it? any ferts or CO2?

I did actually personally prefer the bogwood behind the slate cave, but that's just personal preference.

I was using seachem flourish, but I'm now using seachem flourish excel.

I will be moving the wood back over I'm just letting the light get to the HC first :)

Also the grass hasn't grown I bought more and put it behind the rest lol.

New additions today, 6 Corydoras Julii :)

Shall get some pictures up later.

Also I got a Juwel aquarium that measures 31.5" long x 12" wide x 16" tall.

No light, hood, filter, heater. Unused for £20 :)

Got a mate that has an old monolux hood which should be able to go on there, if not then I'll just buy one online :)

Just need to think if I want to go marine with it, or carpet it out and put a Ruby shark in there :/

Most reactions

trending

Back