My New Fish

Piltdownpaul

Fish Herder
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've just got 4 forktail rainbows for my community tank. They look great and have intergrated themselves with the regulars in the tank. Has anyone else any comments or know of any problems that occur with them. Just curious............
 
Lovely Fish, very Peaceful and look great. Never had any problems with them.
They do like live foods and will take most foods reaily
 
I love the way they flick that fin and dart around-quite comical
 
don't let the PH get too low. Try to keep it around 7 to 7.5
they are easy to breed but only produce one or two eggs per female per day. The eggs can be moved into a hatching tank and a week or so later they hatch out.
 
Any chance of pics? I've never seen that variety around here.
 
Well i dont know anything about them. I will search for them. Thanks for sharing.
 
They are a rainbowfish called Pseudomugil furcatus, (used to be Popondetta furcatus). They come from Popondetta in the south east corner of New Guinea. They grow to about 2inches long and have a close relative Pseudomugil connieae, that was named after Gerry Allen's wife, Connie. The furcatus have a thin black line along the top and bottom edge of the tail, whereas the connieae doesn't. The connieae has a black line running thru the dorsal, anal & pelvic fins.
They are a pretty cool looking fish and do well in a planted tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top