My New Bumblebee Gobies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I finally got some BBGs. I have been admiring them for about a year, but I never bought any. After doing careful research over the past 4 months I decided now was the time to get some. I set up an extra aquarium and cycled it for 4 weeks until I was sure it was ready for them. I have the water temperature a little under 80 degrees and I have a SG of 1.005. I bought them on Saturday and so far they seem to be doing well. I placed two barncle clusters and 5 turbo snail shells into their aquarium. When I got them home I acclimated them slowly to their new tank slowly adding my tank wather to thier bag. I made sure to go slow acclimating them because I did not know what the SG was in the water in which they were being kept at the fish store. Once they were added to the tank I placed some brine shrimp I had already hatched and waiting for them into the aquarium and they eagerly ate them up They have alreay begun to set up their territories in the barnicle holes. One has changed color his black stripes have faded quite a bit, it spends most of the time in its barnacle hole. I have read that males do this when they are in breeding mode. Is this true or should I de worried? When I got home from work today I added some frozen bloodworm into their aquarium and they all were eating.

Here is a picture I took tonight of one of them.

Bumblebeegoby.jpg

Comments or suggestions appreciated since this is my first foray into brackish aquariums

Thanks,
Rez

Hey! How are your BBG's doing? I hope to get some myself when my tank is finished cycling. So far have they been fairly easy to take care of? Are they eating okay?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back