My Little Garden Friend....

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
He is not very photogenic and looks a lot better in real life, but he is really getting tame and allowing be closer and closer every day. He is single and lives in the tree near my driveway gate.

And he is called a blue headed Agama Lizard.

Bloukop005.jpg

Bloukop004.jpg

oh wow wish we got stuff like that here!

saying that my nan does have daily visits from a badger and fox lol

but not as good as that!

Ash

oh wow can you get a high res picture up??

oh wow can you get a high res picture up??

I don't think with my mediocre photography skills and the mediocre 3rd grade camera I have I can do any better than that Razer.... I'll see what I can do (tomorrow)... - it is after dark in SA now.

He looks great! We live across the road from a woods and we (well i) see foxes every night.

Alessa x.

hes fantastic You lucky guy getting stuff like that in your gardens. I;ve got a frog in my pond!!!

This is another "pet" currently breeding on top of my outside geyser... About 3 weeks ago, the previous hatchling left the nest and was interresting to watch him go out into the big wide world out there with his parents guiding him for 3 or 4 days before he finally braved it on his own.... Now, they have 2 babies growing very fast..... They are wild Bush pigeons and I do feed them...... They're also not named yet, so, I'll call them Merryl and Arthur.
Bloukop032.jpg

I think i am going blind. I could see the nest but it took me forever to actually see the bird sat in the nest! great names for all your new garden friends :good:

Well, went looking for Archie in his tree yesterday & then noticed that I was lying to you.... He is in fact not a single guy.... There is also a (much younger - smaller) female sharing his tree, but she is wild and ran away when I approached... He just sat there and allowed me closer to him than I've ever been... unfortunatlely did not have the camera with me, so no photos this time.

This is another "pet" currently breeding on top of my outside geyser... About 3 weeks ago, the previous hatchling left the nest and was interresting to watch him go out into the big wide world out there with his parents guiding him for 3 or 4 days before he finally braved it on his own.... Now, they have 2 babies growing very fast..... They are wild Bush pigeons and I do feed them...... They're also not named yet, so, I'll call them Merryl and Arthur.
Bloukop032.jpg

Whilst Arthur and Merryl was out of the nest this afternoon, I got on the ladder and did a papparazzi photo on the 2 kids....
Bloukop037.jpg

Bloukop034.jpg

He is not very photogenic and looks a lot better in real life, but he is really getting tame and allowing be closer and closer every day. He is single and lives in the tree near my driveway gate.

Bloukop005.jpg

Bloukop004.jpg

I'm a bit worried about Archie.... I noticed my Gardener raking up leaves below his tree yesterday, and I have not seen him since!!!!... if he did anything to Archie!!!... heaven help him!!!!

Updated photos of Arthur and Merryls' offspring... the one little one fell out of the nest this afternoon when a hawk was around, so my wife put him back into the nest... fortunately, the parents still feed him (it is believed that if touched by a human... the parents would reject it)... I'm glad all is well.

Bloukop047.jpg

Bloukop046.jpg

Bloukop005.jpg

Bloukop004.jpg

I'm a bit worried about Archie.... I noticed my Gardener raking up leaves below his tree yesterday, and I have not seen him since!!!!... if he did anything to Archie!!!... heaven help him!!!!

Well... I'll have to eat humble pie tomorrow and appologise to my gardener... I accused him of having something to do with the dissappearance of Archie for a whole 5 days.... This afternoon - like every afternoon since - I again checked his tree, and there he was.... (once again, not good photos, but at least proof of his presence).

Bloukop039.jpg

Most reactions

Back