My Larger Community Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOTM?
rolleyes.gif

Woah that seriosuly is not a Honduran Red point, definitely has Eliotti blood in it and is some kinda hybrid.

Woah that seriosuly is not a Honduran Red point, definitely has Eliotti blood in it and is some kinda hybrid.
This does seem to be the consensus opinion. It doesn't bother me... like I said, it'll be interesting to see him develop as he grows, see how he turns out as an adult. Guess I should start calling him a HRP cross.... :rolleyes:

Minnnt... go have some words with 2 Spot, he needs to send me some Child Maintenance. Tell him I won't accept smashed snails as payment either :rofl:

Still not convinced he is though... Seriously.

I did have some Ellioti fry from Littlemonkey, but they were long gone before i had these in the tank. Unless one hid in the gravel for a few weeks and then got transfered to the 55 litre tank.

Could he have got his oar in and fertilized a few eggs before being chased away, and then the hrp male fertilized the rest? :unsure:

Who took the other hrp fry? Perhaps they can post pictures up too and we can have a comparison... :lol:

Felt I should update this, although not really sure what with, cuz there isn't really an update. Ditch is growing. I'm hunting for a bigger tank: 6-6.5 ft long, 2 high, but I want only 21 inch deep, so I suspect I'm looking at a custom job. Almost sure I'll build a stand/hood. Christmas presents this year will be donations towards the tank fund! :lol: into which will also be going the plant sale funds and funds from the sale of my 180 tank.

Is that because you've only got short arms? 6.5ft would be immense. I can't wait to get a 5ft one, lol!

why would I need to reach the back of the tank with my hand? :unsure:

I have a siphon for poop patrol, and a net for catching fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back