IMG_5185.jpg

Ditch, managed to get two really good pictures of him:
IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

Monty:
IMG_5182.jpg

Mithril (who has really come out of his/her shell since the barbs were added):
IMG_5175.jpg

OK, so Thursday will see the addition of a small rotkeil severum and a small festivum.

As far as the rest of the stock goes, I am considering two options:

1. not getting pictus. I am not happy that there would be enough floor space for a larger group when adult sized. Perhaps I am being overly cautious, but I can't fit a larger tank in the space I have - 5' is absolutely my max without major house renovations. I am considering perhaps a large (ie ~20) shoal of corydoras instead. Or perhaps Brochis splendens (obviously a smaller group).

2. selling on the Magnum plec and getting a breeding pair or trio of bristlenoses instead. I really like him, but in terms of temperature he's not really compatible with the barbs. I am going to try to contact a lady who I used to know locally who keeps discus and enquire whether she would be interested.

Thoughts please?

Brochis Splendens sounds good... Very rarely see or hear of people keeping them! :good:

You would definately see the BN's more so than the Magnum i'm sure! L001 Plec? :hey: He is always out and about... :D

I see him all the time, his pit that he dug himself is in view, so I can always see him. If we sneak downstairs after lights out he's usually out and about.

It's the temperature concerns more than anything.

You would be lucky if you had survivors though in a cichlid tank?! My mates bred in a 90 litre community tank and they were all devoured by a few mollies and some tetra's... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back