My Juwel Rio 125 Journey...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The root arrived today and is submerged in a bucket for the next week to soak. Its a good shape so I plan to sit its base stuck in between the 2 rocks on the right, with the branches sat on the sand. Be a nice stick for the plec to stick to, and a nice shelter for the corys to swim under.

Just need to order moss, im thinking of a couple of types to make it interesting.

Also I managed to aquire some thin slate today so im going to wedge it next to the plastic I have seperating the substrate.

I have this bogwood from my current tank, any idea how I can incorporate it?

20130408_085817_zps60eda1b6.jpg
a

Georgia87 said:
The tank isnt finished yet, the white section will have some sumatran root on it which I plan to grow some java moss on. I also have a moss ball on its way in the post, want to see if I like the look before I order more.

That's great to hear then, it's going to look brill 
good.gif

As for the bogwood from your current tank, maybe it could look good leant against the new wood, depending on the shape of that...

If not, just have a look at it from every angle. You might think it looks boring now but you could find an all new angle that works perfectly! It's hard to help with that one from just one photo :p

looking good :) love the 'jupiter' rock :D love that video I also took some inspiration from it too, well with the adding small details to the scape part anyway :)  

So I had the wood soaking in a bucket for 24hours, the water was clean and it was submerged not floating. So I thought what the heck ill put it in the tank. Along with a moss ball.

Should I get more moss balls? If I did where would be a good spot to set them down?

Here is the wood in the tank, how I would like to leave it. I plan on growing some different types of mosses on it.

20130409_175543_zps4bcbfe9a.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the wood

20130409_175857_zpsf2139def.jpg

I'd get some java moss tied to that wood :D

Moss on that root is a must. It will look great.
Specially if you can use it to hide that cut edge to give it a more natural look.

Georgia87 said:
So I had the wood soaking in a bucket for 24hours, the water was clean and it was submerged not floating. So I thought what the heck ill put it in the tank. Along with a moss ball.

Should I get more moss balls? If I did where would be a good spot to set them down?

Here is the wood in the tank, how I would like to leave it. I plan on growing some different types of mosses on it.

20130409_175543_zps4bcbfe9a.jpg

Here is a closer picture of the wood

[deleted image]

I like Java Fern growing on wood as that looks cool too, but depends on the look you are hoping to create.  I agree covering up the end of the wood would be a good idea.

In respect to Moss Balls you could put a couple on the left side, one to the left of "Jupiter" and one between the other two rocks.

Are you planning any planting in the white section?

I still think the white section should be narrower at the front to show greater illusion of depth in the tank. Anyone else agree/disagree?

Lunar Jetman said:
I still think the white section should be narrower at the front to show greater illusion of depth in the tank. Anyone else agree/disagree?

I've just been doing a bit of covering my screen up with my fingers :p

I think it could help but it would be too fiddly. Once it's filled in a bit more it will look fine

Joshwainwright said:

I've just been doing a bit of covering my screen up with my fingers
tongue2.gif

I think it could help but it would be too fiddly. Once it's filled in a bit more it will look fine
True. Just a thought!

Ive ordered some java moss, just waiting on its arrival then ill get attaching it to the wood. I will be covering up a cut end as it looks crappy.

The white section is staying as it is, I like it :D ... plus if I spill sand or manardo into the different sections ill end up having a hissy fit haha

I have lots of lovely thin slate too which we salvaged from a new roof which was put up, all the off cuts are going to be lined around the white section. Plus im going to use a larger bit to make a moss wall.

Ill post pictures when im in progress.

Im worried about the whole putting my filter media in the new filter and how long to leave it before the waters safe for my fish. Is it worth me putting the exisiting tank water in?

As long as the new water is dechlorinated then you don't need to transfer the old tank water. You'll just be able to move over your fish and media and be all set to go :)

How long do you need to leave water without declhlorinating it before its fish safe?

Because I forgot to treat the water... and im guessing I cant do it now without fish in tje tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back