My Juwel Rio 125 Journey...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Here is the slatei have to use in the tank, a nice selection to choose from, once i've washed it obviously.

20130410_131813_zpsf2944a76.jpg

There's nothing stopping you from dechlorinating the water once it's in the tank :) As long as you've not been running a filter with mature media in it, everything will be fine.

The image of the slate isn't working :/

20130410_131813_zpsf2944a76.jpg

Oh damn. Just realised I put all the pics into a folder so I need to up date the image links. Oops.

Are you planning a "dry stone wall" effect within the tank with the slate?

Isn't it a pain when you move your pics and all the links disappear
huh.png

That should look cool, good luck with it, look forward to more
kewlpics.gif

I've just noticed this thread, but the only pic I can see is the last one with the slate? :(

Shelster said:
I've just noticed this thread, but the only pic I can see is the last one with the slate?
sad.png

This will be your answer
wink.png

Georgia87 said:
Oh Darn. Just realised I put all the pics into a folder so I need to up date the image links. Oops.

It looks like you're going to have some fun with that slate, Georgia. Although if you're planning to use it as separators too, you could end up with a difficult job on your hands cutting it up! It will look great as a moss wall though 
good.gif

I'll fix it tonight. Stupid photo bucket :(

I have tile cutting stuff, so I might be able to cut the slate down depending on how well it goes, you may or may not see them seperating the substrate! Haha

So thought another update was due!

The moss i have ordered still hasnt arrived, so the wood isnt finished, or the moss wall even started.

Here is the tank today:

The Hairgrass is growing, the Wisteria is sprouting out every where, and the Comombia (?) is growing quickly too!

Here it is when it was first planted to give you an idea..

The picture from a few weeks ago when it was first planted didnt have the Comombia, or the Anubias or the large Vallis (just had the small one) but you can see how much its growing.

Im pretty pleased at my first attempt of planting and the layout, i would like to change the dividers between the substrate and i still havent got round to cutting the slate down to manageble pieces.

The to do list:

Add moss to the sumatran root + the Java fern Bog wood.
Make a Moss wall
Add a divider to the substrate
Get some more Moss balls, or a larger piece of wood to make more of a centre piece.

Here are some more pics of the tank

very nice love how this is growing glad to see your HG growing hope mine will and your vallis look really healthy :) well done

Ohhh and dont judge me for the fake plant in the tank... ;)

Its only there to weigh down the plant behind it as my plec keeps ripping everything up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back