My Fishless Cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TBH not too sure yet,my daughter would love some neons,but i'm advised not too get them,as they are too sensitive to new tanks,definately getting 6 corys,unsure of what kind,and two queen arebesque plecs when i can find them,apart from that don't know

TBH not too sure yet,my daughter would love some neons,but i'm advised not too get them,as they are too sensitive to new tanks,definately getting 6 corys,unsure of what kind,and two queen arebesque plecs when i can find them,apart from that don't know
what about glowlight tetra, or glowlight danios. they are bright orange striped instead of blue. how old is your daughter?
I found a plec that stays small if you are interested...pitbull plec LDA25...I will be getting one eventually. your lfs should be able to order anything you want. I love corys too. they have such personalities. my fav are panda corys, but i really like albinos and julli too. its certainly hard to choose, they are all so cute!

So have you decided which fish you are going after this weekend Scotty? It sure looks like you have arrived at a cycled tank.

well thats the tank cleaned out,and last dose of ammonia added,lets hope that it is 0 after 12hrs,and i haven't made a mess of it.then its off to the fish shop

well when i cleanes the tank out last night dosed it with final dose of ammonia,and tested
ammonia 4ppm ph 8,it always seems to go up after adding ammonia,as ph of water straight out of tap is around 7.4
this morning results
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5
ph 6.5

how has my ph levels dropped so much?

Well, you may have stirred up some of the nitric acid component of nitrate(NO3) when you did the thorough cleaning of the gravel and of course you are no longer dosing any baking soda (if you were.. I forget) and your tank is more mature now so it will be more quickly accomplishing its nitrogen cycle and using up buffer more efficiently.

I don't see any problem. Isn't today or tomorrow the big day? :D

~~waterdrop~~

checked water this morning ammonia and nitrite 0,so far so good,tetras seem to be settling in well.

not the best of pics,anyone know the best way to take pics

P1030299.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back