My Fish Journal.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

A picture from today.  My new ink fin calvus is in the background.  He is still pretty shy.

cichlid tank21wx121111231111.jpg

A picture from a few months ago of my OB. 

000000_d21a441ee8.jpg

Some more pictures from a few months back.  The deep water hap has really colored up over the last couple of months.

post-1756-0-20197400-1378779139.jpg

post-1756-0-69239400-1380601124.jpg

post-1756-0-70006700-1380601194.jpg

Ninjouzata said:

I was pretty excited when I heard they finally got some star sapphire's in, that I left work early.
smile.png
   He is settling in now.  He had a rough first day and now has a couple battle wounds on his fins.  The only one that was bothering him was my OB.  I switched a couple things around in the tank and he isn't getting chased so much.  
Aw sorry he had a rough day! Hope he heals quickly. :c

Thanks.  They are always nipping at each other.  I just wish they healed as fast as my piranhas.

I found this cleaning the Piranha tank.

12345678911tooth.jpg

Is the tooth fairy going to bring them some treats? c: Or is it really bad that that happened?

It's fine.  They are like sharks and always have new teeth waiting.  

Ryan10 said:
Aw good! Very interesting
happy.png

Your piranha are beautiful as usual btw!

Ninjouzata said:
Is the tooth fairy going to bring them some treats? c: Or is it really bad that that happened?
You gave me an idea
smile.png
 .   I have a piece of turkey neck in the freezer from Thanksgiving.   I fed them half of it a couple months ago and they loved it.  I like to mix in something different every couple of months to replicate their garbage disposal behavior in the wild.  Tonight just happens to be their feeding night and tomorrow is tank cleaning day.  Perfect timing. 

Ryan10 said:

You gave me an idea
smile.png
 .   I have a piece of turkey neck in the freezer from Thanksgiving.   I fed them half of it a couple months ago and they loved it.  I like to mix in something different every couple of months to replicate their garbage disposal behavior in the wild.  Tonight just happens to be their feeding night and tomorrow is tank cleaning day.  Perfect timing. 

Yay I helped! :lol: I bet they'll be happy.

Ryan10 said:
It's funny you would say that because when I saw the picture of the tooth the first thing I thought of was the scene in Jaws when Hooper is under water and finds the shark tooth wedged in the side if the boat! :lol:

laugh.png
 haha

They loved the turkey neck...a little too much. One of them tried to steal it back when I removed it from the tank. Even the convicts got in on the action. I'll put the video up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHcej1xXI0&list=UUnnXN40U49MERxnCSByOLKQ&feature=share

I picked this guy up when he was just a little silver guy.  He ended up being mislabeled so I am not sure what kind of peacock cichlid he is.

3.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back