Video My fish is sick, how can I help him?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It would help to know what your aquarium size is, how long it has been running, whether it was cycled before adding fish, what species of fish and how many are in there and your water chemistry/maintenance schedule

Looking at the fish that is obviously suffering, it would be in its best interests to catch it and euthanise.

But to try to ensure the safety of the rest of the fish, the aquarium history and maintenance is essential to know so that advice can be given in order to prevent further fish deaths.

Looking at the fish that is obviously suffering, it would be in its best interests to catch it and euthanise.

But to try to ensure the safety of the rest of the fish, the aquarium history and maintenance is essential to know so that advice can be given in order to prevent further fish deaths.
There are 4 fishes there, 2 gold, one white and the small one (that's sick). The two gold fishes have been there for 2 years. Around 1 month go I got the other 2 (the white and the small). Never had any problem, this is the first time something is happening. The tank is around 31cm x 26cm, and 26 cm tall. It has a small filter that runs 24/7. I talked to the guy who sold them to me, he said it's kind of "paralysis" that happened rarely. He said that it happened on my shop tank too and there's nothing you can do but just leave it. He said the fish is not suffering , and it will continue to eat normally . Any suggestions ?

Untitled.png

OK.....from the photo of the aquarium and the measurements given, it is way too small for the fish to thrive. Tbh the aquarium is suited to snails only, not fish.

The water chemistry will be severely affected by the lack of volume, essentially your fish are swimming in their own waste, regardless of the filter being there, the filter is simply not going to be capable of dealing with the amounts of ammonia produced by the fish...that will inevitably lead to illness, disease and sadly death.

The fish that is unwell is in a very poor way, not helped by the lack of room in the aquarium. The other fish should be returned to the shop since the aquarium is completely unsuited to keeping fish, especially that size/species/number.

At this stage your water chemistry will not improve even with daily 50% water changes.

Sorry but the shop has given you extremely bad advice and sold you fish and an aquarium that are totally unsuitable and inhumane.

OK.....from the photo of the aquarium and the measurements given, it is way too small for the fish to thrive. Tbh the aquarium is suited to snails only, not fish.

The water chemistry will be severely affected by the lack of volume, essentially your fish are swimming in their own waste, regardless of the filter being there, the filter is simply not going to be capable of dealing with the amounts of ammonia produced by the fish...that will inevitably lead to illness, disease and sadly death.

The fish that is unwell is in a very poor way, not helped by the lack of room in the aquarium. The other fish should be returned to the shop since the aquarium is completely unsuited to keeping fish, especially that size/species/number.

At this stage your water chemistry will not improve even with daily 50% water changes.

Sorry but the shop has given you extremely bad advice and sold you fish and an aquarium that are totally unsuitable and inhumane.
****, that's bad news, I've been torturing these fishes, wtf. I will buy a larger tank. What about the sick fish? what do you suggest to me?

****, that's bad news, I've been torturing these fishes, wtf. I will buy a larger tank. What about the sick fish? what do you suggest to me?
I think you need to put the fish out of its misery. It won't survive even if the aquarium is larger, it is beyond help, I'm sorry.

When you go back to the shop, I would suggest an aquarium of at least 120 litres with an appropriate filter, a bottle of water conditioner (such as Seachem Prime) if you want to keep goldfish healthy

You really need to research cycling tanks and conditioning water.
If you are getting a larger tank, do at least 30 gallons, dark gravel and live plants. I have no idea which species fish they are but if you can't afford a larger tank, give the fish back.
As for the small tank, either sell it or set it up for some cherry shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back