My fish are having weird behaviors

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Rcfish

Reaction score
Iā€™m relatively new to the aquarium hobby but Iā€™ve seen that my fish are having a weird behavior. Iā€™ve had a 15 gallon tank for 3 months now and I have 5 neon tetras and 2 of a little bit of a larger species of tetras(I donā€™t remember the name) and their all doing fine but the 2 larger tetras are having ā€œhiccupsā€ since when I got them. They swim around and are very active but whenever they stop they have a sort of up and down motion. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Any chance of a picture and short 60 second video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

For whatever reason the file is taking way too long to upload and it does not let me post the video. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the water I tested it a lot and it says that there is no amonia and the ph range from 6.8 to 7. I'll try to research more on it but thank you for your help sorry I was not able to post the video

I was able to upload this picture. At times after it stops swimming it comes to a stop and just stands there like that and does that "hiccup" behavior.

Attachments

• Tetra pic 1.JPG
    Tetra pic 1.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 54

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back