My DREAM!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes, you're right...

They would have let me get both of them, but I was to stupid not to talk to them. I was to scared... :(

But my dad did make a good point in that it may not for out for the person buying them. I hope it doesn't. I wanted to give those fish a better home.

The loaches need sand as a substrate. That's just one thing. I don't know, the new owners may know how to care for them.

I'm just really sad right now. :(

Ok guys, feeling pretty confident about this one...

Its a 20g long tank (no leaks) full setup (lights, heater, filter, hood etc.) and a 5g heater for only $35.

That is a really good deal, if you think about it.

My plan is to (when/if I get it) move my lone Zebra Danio over to the 20g long (So he can have a lot more room and so I can eventually get more) and then make the 5g tank he's in, a rescue betta tank!!

I'm really excited, because I can rescue a betta from Petco or PetSmart and I can give my ZD more room. :wub::yahoo:

It looks like as of right now, it will work out. My parents said yes.

I do have a question though... because of the fact that they are loaning me the money, I can’t afford to buy sand right now.

@Byron, could I go ahead and fill the tank up with water (and have some used filter media that is cycled) and not have any sand? Then when I get the sand, I could remove the fish and dump it in?

It looks like as of right now, it will work out. My parents said yes.

I do have a question though... because of the fact that they are loaning me the money, I can’t afford to buy sand right now.

@Byron, could I go ahead and fill the tank up with water (and have some used filter media that is cycled) and not have any sand? Then when I get the sand, I could remove the fish and dump it in?

That doubles the stress on the fish, and I do not advise a tank with no substrate. There's no telling how long this might end up lasting. A bag of Quikrete Play Sand would cost you probably $5-6 in the US, if even that much.

That doubles the stress on the fish, and I do not advise a tank with no substrate. There's no telling how long this might end up lasting. A bag of Quikrete Play Sand would cost you probably $5-6 in the US, if even that much.
I do use that brand of play sand and I have it in all of my tanks. I love the stuff. I was just asking, because I originally thought I wouldn’t be able to get it soon enough. But I just found out that I can.

Thanks! :thanks:

So as of right now, the plan is still on. Get the tank and the filter, heater, and lights. (The lights look really nice)

I will put my line ZD in the 20g long tank and maybe get her some more friends. I am going to make the 5g tank she’s in right now, a rescue betta tank!

@Deanasue, how do you find your rescue bettas? Do you just pick whichever one looks the sickest? Or whichever one looks the best? (I do have medication to treat pretty much anything)

Right now, the plan is to scoot my 29g tank over to the right and then put the 20g long tank to the left of it. My dad is a part time carpenter, so he said the sitting place it’s on now, will support both.
BFAECFA3-FFD2-4919-A5D9-2536467E2E0A.jpeg

I’m really excited about this! I haven’t heard back for a time to meet up, but I hope it’s tomorrow.:yahoo:

So as of right now, the plan is still on. Get the tank and the filter, heater, and lights. (The lights look really nice)

I will put my line ZD in the 20g long tank and maybe get her some more friends. I am going to make the 5g tank she’s in right now, a rescue betta tank!

@Deanasue, how do you find your rescue bettas? Do you just pick whichever one looks the sickest? Or whichever one looks the best? (I do have medication to treat pretty much anything)
I look at the tubs and find ones with bad tail rot or not looking right. I only find them every now and then. :). Petco will discount them.

I look at the tubs and find ones with bad tail rot or not looking right. I only find them every now and then. :). Petco will discount them.
Oh, ok! That sounds good. I sort of like the outcasts.

I’m hoping to get a lot of fish money for my birthday. This should provide me enough to pay off what I’m getting loaned and enough to rescue a betta!

I just love the idea of giving even one betta a better life. :wub:

@Byron, @Colin_T, what is the best way to scoot a 29g tank over a couple of feet? Would I need to drain it half way? Or all the way...?

(You can see in post #54. I need to scoot it all the way to the left of that sitting bench)

I would drain it right down and then lift it up and move it across.

If the bench is completely flat and the tank is on polystyrene foam, you might be able to slide it across, but drain it first.

You might be able to leave an inch of water in the bottom but if it feels heavy, then get more water out.

I would drain it right down and then lift it up and move it across.

If the bench is completely flat and the tank is on polystyrene foam, you might be able to slide it across, but drain it first.

You might be able to leave an inch of water in the bottom but if it feels heavy, then get more water out.
I figured as much. It is on a line cardboard "sheet".

When you get the betta, try and see if they will give it to you for free. Remember that any money you give them is going to help them mistreat more fish.
Also, if you wanted to, you could save the betta, get it healthy, and then sell it to a good home. That way you could clear up the tank to save a new betta.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back