My dog got the cone of shame and is depressed...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
LOL! Luna walks funny to, she has a weird, natural side step to her
That is from their normal use, its bred into them...right handed or left handed gait.....far more noticeable than any other breed and why sledge dogs are handed on their reining...left handed or right handed gait

ooo i have to check that out!

Huskies are renowned for being stubborn, moody and arguing with their owners.....

Such as....

Just pet and comfort her. She will still not like it, but she is only acting “depressed” because she wants you to feel sorry for her and to take it off. Dogs are smart. ;)

Yes we know lol. Thx
Just pet and comfort her. She will still not like it, but she is only acting “depressed” because she wants you to feel sorry for her and to take it off. Dogs are smart. ;)

And they look hilarious! I had a cat who stepped on cellotape...I laughed so hard for longer than necessary
My papillon dog picked up a beer bottle cap on her back foot and just walked around normally. We could hear this clink clink clink noise as she walked but couldn't see anything. After about half an hour I picked her up and had a look and this bottle cap was on her foot. She was tap dancing for us :)

That is from their normal use, its bred into them...right handed or left handed gait.....far more noticeable than any other breed and why sledge dogs are handed on their reining...left handed or right handed gait
That is because some dogs are left footed and some are right footed. Like people being left handed, except dogs are left footed or right footed.

Don't believe me, watch a dog when it lifts its leg to pee on something. Some dogs lift their right leg and others are lefties.

Something that can be bought relatively cheaply are inflatable collars...

However an inflatable travel pillow for humans can also work...with a little creativity.....

They are softer and cause less blinkering effect

(My neighbours noisy Bassett Hound has a human travel pillow to stop it scratching its ears and chewing its paws)
I've seen those "nerf" like pool noodles used as a cone. They seem like they'd be more comfortable than stiff plastic.

I think the typical answer is "do a water change".

I wouldn't worry too much. It's normal for dogs to react to that negatively. It won't be long term & eventually she'll be back to her regular mood. You could always call your vet with questions/concerns.

She's out of it now... Doesnt lick her paw a bunch so thats why we left it off

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back