My dog got the cone of shame and is depressed...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Something that can be bought relatively cheaply are inflatable collars...

However an inflatable travel pillow for humans can also work...with a little creativity.....

They are softer and cause less blinkering effect

(My neighbours noisy Bassett Hound has a human travel pillow to stop it scratching its ears and chewing its paws)

BTW...if the old sock method is used, you might find that Luna behaves like a drunk goose stepping ballerina for a few hours due to the alien thing on her foot that she can't shake off...

Don't panic, its quite normal for dogs to goose step when first introduced to socks (or shoes)......picking up the feet in an extremely exaggerated way is absolutely normal til they realise that the alien on their foot ain't leaving anytime soon ;)

Something that can be bought relatively cheaply are inflatable collars...

However an inflatable travel pillow for humans can also work...with a little creativity.....

They are softer and cause less blinkering effect

(My neighbours noisy Bassett Hound has a human travel pillow to stop it scratching its ears and chewing its paws)
She'd still be able to reach...

Wait it out and offer treats. She’ll be fine. At some point you should be able to remove the cone & see if she licks. Most dogs will, but not all.

So we tried the sock but it irritated her even more... in fact she started chewing her paw! So... we put the cone back on and she seems to be calm rn

Don't panic, its quite normal for dogs to goose step when first introduced to socks (or shoes)......picking up the feet in an extremely exaggerated way is absolutely normal til they realise that the alien on their foot ain't leaving anytime soon ;)
And they look hilarious! I had a cat who stepped on cellotape...I laughed so hard for longer than necessary

And they look hilarious! I had a cat who stepped on cellotape...I laughed so hard for longer than necessary
An old friend of mine years ago worked in fire investigations and had a black labrador that was able to sniff accelerants out etc.

Even after 4 years that dog still did the goose stepping drunk ballerina walk when she had her protective shoes on when working......some animals get over it...others...not so much

An old friend of mine years ago worked in fire investigations and had a black labrador that was able to sniff accelerants out etc.

Even after 4 years that dog still did the goose stepping drunk ballerina walk when she had her protective shoes on when working......some animals get over it...others...not so much
Yah, its kinda funny tho

Poor old girl, they're so funny!

Some dogs do not need to be wearing anything on their feet to do the goose stepping drunk ballerina walk......Springer Spaniels.....they are just stark raving lunatics with fur on :D
LOL! Luna walks funny to, she has a weird, natural side step to her

Some dogs do not need to be wearing anything on their feet to do the goose stepping drunk ballerina walk......Springer Spaniels.....they are just stark raving lunatics with fur on :D
Agreed, cockerpoos are not far behind

Most reactions

trending

Back