My Clown Knife And Reedfish Pics

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
just realised I need to clean the glass!!!

DSCF0910.jpg

DSCF0886.jpg

DSCF0917.jpg

I've had to borrow a Juwel off friend as the back panel of my 150g tank bowed quite seriously and I had to get rid. It was old.

The Juwels only about 4ft but only temporaryish measure. Its not overtsocked for now but I realise it is in future. If ayone knows of any6ft or plus tanks going cheap!!

Its got the Clown knife which will be my main fish. I have 2 smaller ones in there which are in for sale section.
3 reedfish
1 ornate birchir
2 fire eels one available if anyone wants to buy one
royal plec
L114 plec
small Sultan plec

I'm planning on another tank which will house reeds and plecs and then large one for clown knife bichir and fire eels

hurry with the pics! haha! i would love to see the bichir!!!!!

you got no chance of seeing him he never shows his face yet he's getting bigger and chunkier so he eats at some point lol

love the rope fish. Mine just die -_- . Well gl with your fishies. Cool tank btw.

the rope fish are cool. I was after them for ages then a shop near me got about 30 in stock. They eat really well and the biggest at about 14 inches looks ace

looks lovely, congrats on the nice set up.

only advise I could offer, no discourtesy intended as you may already know this, however with the ropefish, ensure all openings in the hood are sealed as they are great escape artists! in respect the clown knife, I had one and it was massive, ended up having to get rid unfortunately. then again, I only had a 4ft tank back then, if you get a 6ft tank I am sure you will be fine. One other thing, and I am not sure if you have sliders on your tank, but the knife will splash with his/her tail when it gets to a certain size, when mine did this, it wrecked the unit under the tank.

Mine used to love blood worms and lancefish.

looks lovely, congrats on the nice set up.

only advise I could offer, no discourtesy intended as you may already know this, however with the ropefish, ensure all openings in the hood are sealed as they are great escape artists! in respect the clown knife, I had one and it was massive, ended up having to get rid unfortunately. then again, I only had a 4ft tank back then, if you get a 6ft tank I am sure you will be fine. One other thing, and I am not sure if you have sliders on your tank, but the knife will splash with his/her tail when it gets to a certain size, when mine did this, it wrecked the unit under the tank.

Mine used to love blood worms and lancefish.

I learnt the hard way with the reedfish with two I bought a week before these two that I had in anoher tank. These three and I hope I don't speak too soon have been spot on since November. The tank was made secure about two years ago when I lost my cherished Fire Eel through a gap after I replaced an old tank with this current one.

I was after a Clown Knife formonths after I last had one about 13 years ago that I had to sell when I moved to uni. They'd always been my favourite fish since then. Inow have three two of which are for sale. I ordered them from shops and they all got me one at same time despite they couldn't get me one for about 4 months!!!

I'm actually looking for a second hand 7 or 8 foot tank for the Clown Knife. The biggest one that I am keeping which you can see in pic eats the frozen bloodworm and brine that goes in for others as well as prawns, lancefish and thankfully catfish pellets. He is just a greedy bastard in general and it always surprises me when I see posts about clowns not eating as the two experiences I have had couldn't be more different

lol they are greedy lil buggers, my would sweep through the tank getting all the frozen bloodworm cubes and lance fish, no wonder I went through so many packs. lol

Most reactions

Back