My Budget Tank To Date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Very tempted to make a DIY CO2 for my planted Shrimp tank (Hell why not for my 165L community too!) but i'd be too worried something could go wrong!
Some cheap kits knocking around now like Fluvals, Do you think you can get your DIY one working just as good? Either way i'll be heaps keen to see how your one comes along!

Really like it!  You have good taste for decorating your tank!

DRB, in my experience the shrimp are VERY VERY sensitive to the co2, and it ends up being more hassle than its really worth as its hard to control the flow of the bubbles.  I was able to succesfully dial it in, but my shrimp all flee for the surface of the tank, climbing as high as they can on decor trying to catch some air, scares me!!!

tank looks fantastic! i've been thinking about adjusting my "stream" in mine to have it curve back to one side and make it easier to maintain... my cory cats always feel the need to fill it in with sand LOL.

keep up the good work.  Got any recent shots of it assuming the plants have filled in more?

Very nice tank so far, I guess budget is a bit relative lol. Far as CO2 goes IME either use nothing or use pressurized. Its always been one or the other for me, yeast was a couple months venture and a big waste even on a tank half that size. A yeast system can easily generate enough pressure for a standard airstone, however that will not dissolve CO2 into your tank.

You can always make your own pressurized system. Its still not cheap, but it is much cheaper.

I really like the way the tank looks, will be checking for updates.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back