My blue lobster tore up my pleco

Blue Lobster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Blue lobsters are not good for community tanks.

I just missed seeing it happen but the aftermath was pretty rough. It looks as if he got the tail in his pincer crosswise and the sailfin from the top.

Frenchie the pleco is fine, just beat up. He has been pushing his luck with the lobster lately as observed in several cases. Wrong place wrong time I guess.

The pleco has been giving the lobster a wide birth since this happened.
P3090151.jpg

To all the people who warned me, yeah yeah I heard ya' "I told you so" :*)

Sorry to hear about that...Its tough to learn the hard way sometimes but atleast you can realize and learn/warn others not to do the same...

Definately have to seperate them now...Too much temptation for your Lobster.
ÐR

germanshepherdlver said:
Hav You seperated them??
I put in a 8 inch plexiglass wall that the lobster climbed over. How he did it I don't know. I was out when it happened.

I will leave a light on at night and hope for the best. I'd rather leave him in and ditch the pleco if it comes to that.

I will keep you updated as to which fish gets nailed if any.

Your just going to remove the plec....hes only the first victim, remove the lobster before it actually kills something.

Paul_MTS said:
Your just going to remove the plec....hes only the first victim, remove the lobster before it actually kills something.
My guess would be the cories. :/

Blue Lobster said:
I will keep you updated as to which fish gets nailed if any.
Hi Blue Lobster

Please don't. This is not a forum where the members or I enjoy seeing or hearing about the violence that results from human stupidity and/or lack of concerns for their pets. :grr:

Yeah, PF is the place for that. :nod:

Anyways, yup, lobsters and yabbies will "nail" anything slow moving. Eating live bearers is not un heard of for these type of crustacea. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back