My betta fish community tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I................................U...............................i cant............................but........................ :-( poor bettas
sorry i just cant say what i would like to :no:

:blink:
It sounded believeable in the beggining...but OMG, how could you think thats a peaceful betta community? Do you not see they are missing most of their fins? That they are in shreds? Are we missing something? Please explain yourself, this is getting a lot of people really upset (and you DO NOT want to get betta people upset...)

well i have affered to take one or two to try and give the fish a little more space.....

xxSarahxx said:
I tell you what..... we'll put you in a small glass box with a lot of people who are going to want to fight you (the majority of the people on this forum now). We'll leave these very argumentative people who are not meant for society or are just very angry at you and see what happens...... it can be OUR experiment!!
[snapback]872091[/snapback]​

Can I bring a big stick? Yep, if I was near I'm sure I could make space. At least get the males out, they're worst of.

Synirr said:
PETS ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS.  They are not meant to live as we do and it is doing them a disservice to humanize them in such a fashion.  The absolute best thing you can do for your pets is to let them be animals.  Give them what they want and need, not what you want.
[snapback]871730[/snapback]​

ITA, though a lot of good it's going to do those poor fish. -_-

Mr. Shums, in the off chance you have actually returned to read this:

The cruelest thing we can do to this particular species of fish is to try to force them to be something besides what they are; territorial predators. Your pictures are just further proof of why this sort of tank, at least on the cramped scale you have set it up, cannot work. Your fish are shredded, your water appears to be dirty (doubtless because your tank is grossly overstocked) and they don't even have any place to hide from each other. Please, if you're going to continue this torture, at least give them somewhere to go to escape from the ravages of this completely abhorrent and unnatural arrangement.

As I believe has already been pointed out, your fish are also in danger of dying from infections setting in from their destroyed fins; fins, I might add, that would have remained intact if you had never brought them home to begin with. Your 'peaceful community tank' is in essence a slow-acting death chamber, and if you lived where I do our local SPCA could - and would - take those fish away from you.

Do the mods here have ip tracing? Can you trace his ip to a source? In some instances it is possible to do and this is a circumstance where this should be done so this 'person' can be held accountable for this intolerable cruelty. I will take some! Even if you wish to send them for pities sake have some heart for these creatures. I will have a tank set up from tomorrow for bettas, seperated, as they should be for their health. Help the fish. Let the responsible ppl here help you and take them off your hands, or give them what they need yourself but don't leave them to suffer. Or I'll be joining the manhunt and bringing one of my lengthier whips with me. :angry: :-(
Hugs,
P.

I've searched the IP, but not for location. Now I'm curious...I'll get back to ya.

I highly doubt he'll even come back though :/
This thread has a very strange feel to it!

Maybe you could ask a friendly computer hacker? There's got to be one or two lurking around somewhere, and I'm sure he can't be that hard to trace.

Mr. Shum is just a troll. He has NO love for fish, he has a love for pissing off animal lovers and starting controversies. I imagine he likes Bettas, but he does not care for them... And just wanted as many in as small a space as possible, for the joy of having fish. He obviously does not care for their well-being.

I'd also imagine Mr. Shum here is not very old. I picture a teenage boy who found a big ol' tank in his garage, wanted something to stick in it, and knew that the bettas were very pretty fish, and they were CHEAP and EASY to find. So, he bought a bunch of them and shoved them in the tank, with no consideration or research. I'm 95% posotive he knows his fish are in hell, and that he is just getting joy from pissing everyone off. If I were you, I'd realize his ways are not going to change, unless you offer him money. Offer to guy the bettas for 10 bucks a peice, I'm sure he'll move them out of that tank.

Katy

your proberbly right KeddyPie
still i want to help them bettas :byebye:
i think Mr Community Tank has gone............and isnt coming back

Nyer nyer.... I'm clever :p :p :p I can work out roughly where he is :p He is either in Greenland, on the very east coast of canada or the east coast of the US. My bet is either canada or US, east coast. All gifts and compliments can be sent via cash or check, the former preffered. :flex: :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back