My betta fish community tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, no. It doesn't look highly clean from the pictures anyway. So its absolutely fine for me to keep my bettas in the 20g, with say.... A few wolf fish. Oh, goody. Being in a good home is about a hell of a lot more than water conditions. These bettas have barely any fins left and look like ping-pong balls. Whoo, what a good home.

How about the state of the fish?!?! That's not personal opinion.
They look depressed and shredded. That is clear to everyone. You have said that yourself. It's not a case of being proven wrong, well not in my opinion. It's about the lives of the fish.

Perhaps partly, but any fish that has fins like that has serious issues, whether with tankmates (as here), self harm (mainly bettas) or whatever. If this actually was working, in the time its been set up there should be a full set of fins on every fish, which there plainly isn't. You cannot say that that fin damage is normal, let alone say the behaviour being forced upon them, or indeed, expected of them which they clearly aren't meant for, is normal. Sure, it could work, if you happened to own a very large rice paddy, a number of male and female plakats to illustrate the sort of territories found in the wild. But as it is plain to everyones (except yours, as it seems, and the mysterious mr. shumms or whatever his name is), this isn't a rice paddy. Its a tank, and an overstocked, poorly thought out one at that.

yeah
we wouldnt be saying this for the fun of it!
were telling mr shumms because his fish will die!in the hope that he might actually care enough to do something about it and save his dying,stressed and sick fish.Because mabe he didnt know.Either he still dosnt realise he is doing wrong or he is just ignorant.These fish are in really really bad condition.,and im planning on doing everything can to help them.
take a look at them!if you cant tell theyre in awful condidtion.......you musnt of seen a healthy betta before :dunno:

the title of this topic says that they re soo pretty...well they WOULD be pretty if they werent torn to bits. some of them fish have nice colors. for the love of GOD take better care of them!!!

Wwestar, please join Mr Shums and do some research on fish. And people for that matter. In the meantime, please learn some proper english spelling and grammar rules. Everyone else, simmer down. We've all vented, and Mr Shums probably ran away. So, we're all just yelling at a wall right now.

Its 5pm his local time, wait a few hours, he probably has a day job (so he doesn't have to sit around watching his fish tear each other to bits :rolleyes: ). Keep an eye on the list of users reading, he'll want to look, possibly not reply though.

Yeah, it's 5 pm here, too. But it's also Sunday. I agree that he might even be lurking as a guest to read what people say.

wwestar~ Somehow I knew you would stir the pot a bit :whistle: :rolleyes:

It's quite obvious that this tank was not set up with the best of intentions- if it were there would be such dense cover that you could barely find the fish. That's honestly what I was expecting to see in the photos :dunno:

I believe we've all been goofed , and sadly those fish are paying the price.

Wow, how incredibly depressing. Those photos :sick: ....I just can't say much more.

I mean, I know that there are some bumps in the beginning of an experiment as Wwestar said, but after 6 whole months and they are still torn and sad looking. :-(

And they were such beautiful beings too. Poor things. I dearly hope that this troll (as I suspect he is a troller for sure) comes to his senses and separates them.

:no:

The thing is no one can be proven wrong in this topic because this topic is totally based apon opinion.

I showed my brother those pictures and he knows little about betta fish. He isn't interested in my hobby at all. But even he knew that was wrong. Anyone with any common sense can see that is wrong.

Even people that don't keep fish can see that those fish aren't being kept properly... so yes, he can be proven wrong.

Please...only 3 deaths? WTF ever. What..in the last 3 days? 6 months my ass. This poster is probably the same one who posted pictures of those purple Mustard Gas Plakats saying they were his and wanting to know if people wanted fry from them after he bred them on the asking by another breeder. Who was found out as a fraud. And subsequently....called out.

Those do not look like plain ole pet store bettas....some of those look like they "used" to be very nice quality bettas...yellow DT's are not a common find...I'd have to venture to say. Heck a solid yellow anything is a hard find imo.

oh and....**scoffs** He seems to have convientently never answered ANY of the questions I posted back on page 1. Hrmmmm :dunno: wonder WHY? :huh:

wwestar2000 said:
The thing is no one can be proven wrong in this topic because this topic is totally based apon opinion.
[snapback]872503[/snapback]​

This topic was NOT based on an opinion..supposedly it was based on trial and error experimentation...that is NOT an opinion..that is a ACTION.

So you are WRONG...as usual.

wwestar2000 said:
No but before we fight about pity things like someone trying to start a betta community why don't we fight things more contravertial and cruel.
And don't quote me.
[snapback]872382[/snapback]​

Yes, or we could just fight over a online, for fun, pet photo contest....right? That's not a "pity" at all huh? -_- :rolleyes:

And I will also say that you..wwestar... are a hypocrite...in the truest sense of the word, IMHO.

I will quote you whenever I want...because quoting you..proves you wrong 99.9 percent of the time. So we dont' have to prove you wrong...you do a grand job of it all on your own.

You are also a trouble maker..you go from section to section trying your best to stir #### up. You constantly agree with the things no onee else does and you always disagree with the things everyone else agrees with...seemingly in hopes of causing an argument. Which usually ensues shortly after your posting. I think you should be ASHAMED of yourself.

SRC said:
Please...only 3 deaths? WTF ever. What..in the last 3 days? 6 months my ass. This poster is probably the same one who posted pictures of those purple Mustard Gas Plakats saying they were his and wanting to know if people wanted fry from them after he bred them on the asking by another breeder. Who was found out as a fraud. And subsequently....called out.

Those do not look like plain ole pet store bettas....some of those look like they "used" to be very nice quality bettas...yellow DT's are not a common find...I'd have to venture to say. Heck a solid yellow anything is a hard find imo.

oh and....**scoffs** He seems to have convientently never answered ANY of the questions I posted back on page 1. Hrmmmm :dunno: wonder WHY? :huh:

wwestar2000 said:
[snapback]872503[/snapback]​

This topic was NOT based on an opinion..supposedly it was based on trial and error experimentation...that is NOT an opinion..that is a ACTION.

So you are WRONG...as usual.

wwestar2000 said:
No but before we fight about pity things like someone trying to start a betta community why don't we fight things more contravertial and cruel.
And don't quote me.
[snapback]872382[/snapback]​

Yes, or we could just fight over a online, for fun, pet photo contest....right? That's not a "pity" at all huh? -_- :rolleyes:

And I will also say that you..wwestar... are a hypocrite...in the truest sense of the word, IMHO.

I will quote you whenever I want...because quoting you..proves you wrong 99.9 percent of the time. So we dont' have to prove you wrong...you do a grand job of it all on your own.

You are also a trouble maker..you go from section to section trying your best to stir #### up. You constantly agree with the things no onee else does and you always disagree with the things everyone else agrees with...seemingly in hopes of causing an argument. Which usually ensues shortly after your posting. I think you should be ASHAMED of yourself.
[snapback]872848[/snapback]​

Idk he said he had them in there for 6 months and if thats true only 3 deaths is pretty good.
And this topic is based on opinion. It's totally an opinion if one can accept that the fish fought to form a state of dominance between them or not.
as usaul.... Ok if you say so
I didn't fight in the POcomp. People just didn't like it that i only put my dog in it for the tittle. Uh like i really care if you guys though he was cute. :rofl:

You think im a hypocrite? Ok..... Guess what i thing your a ignorant dumbass.
Be ashamed of my self from being open minded? I bet even if the thing he did was a big success and all the fish lived happily. You would have still came and post a negative comment. Just because you have it set in your mind that bettas have to be kept solitary. I won't react until i see the whole story. Thats why i didn't start to post until page 9. So you thinking i come into topics just lookto start conflict sounds like you are a little bit paraniod.
I post my opinions with the viw piont being its me and the poster. If anyone has a problem from that deal with it. Because honestly i don't give a damb.
Oh and orky betta don't try to stir up trouble with me i sayed excuse my grammer for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back