My 75 Gallon Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
Felt I should finally post some pictures of my tank and fish in my new 75 gallon aquarium.

It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there.

75gallonanshot3.jpg

Tank shot, still trying to figure out how to place the driftwood. Also planning on adding one or two more amazon sword plants.

Any suggestions on how to place the driftwood is appreciated. There are 6 pieces total.

maleconvict.jpg

here's my convict. He's a jerk.

firemouthcichlid1.jpg

Here's my firemouth. He's also a jerk. He's also not very fiery. I don't know why. (too young, maybe?)

greenterror5.jpg

Here's my green terror. He's a sissy. He's still kinda beat up, but much better than when I first got him, before his tail was so torn there wasn't any red on it

severum.jpg

Here's my severum. He's very orange. And also a sissy. Oh, and there's also a very intrusive tiger barb

Will post more pictures later

Nice fish

I wouldn't add any more plants as in a few months time your Severum will get to the plant shredding stage ( mine did when he was a little bit bigger than yours ) and shredded a couple of amazon swords in days :crazy:

:good:

Nice fish

I wouldn't add any more plants as in a few months time your Severum will get to the plant shredding stage ( mine did when he was a little bit bigger than yours ) and shredded a couple of amazon swords in days :crazy:

:good:
Never thought of severums as the shredding type :blink:

Just from preveouse experience and other people on here they love to eat/ shred them :crazy:

yes, severums destroy plants. mine get dragged out and pulled around the tank every day

yes, severums destroy plants. mine get dragged out and pulled around the tank every day
interesting :blink: So the swords wouldn't be safe? What about the java ferns and anubias?

Might just rehome the rainbows and barbs, move the plants to a different tank, and get some silver dollars for my schooling fish instead

No plants are safe.... mine eats everything, and if she does not like them she just rips them up till there is nothing left. I think that FM could be female given the small amount of red on it, though to be fair I quite like it :)

Wills

No plants are safe.... mine eats everything, and if she does not like them she just rips them up till there is nothing left. I think that FM could be female given the small amount of red on it, though to be fair I quite like it :)

Wills
Alright, sounds like I'll be moving the plants, then. And with that, I think silver dollars are more appropriate as schoolers (and hen I won't have to rehome my bichir to keep it from eating everything :blink: )

would a school of say, 6-8 work for this tank?

silver dollars are cool as a shoaling fish although they do get very big very quickly

they also destroy plants very quickly

silver dollars are cool as a shoaling fish although they do get very big very quickly

they also destroy plants very quickly
Yeah, thats why I wasn't gonna get them in the first place, cause they are notorious plant shredders. I was gonna go for a planted tank, but I can live with a driftwood/ rock setup

Would buenos aires tetra be safe with the bichir, or should I stick with the silver dollars? It kinda pains me to think of getting a small school of big fishes rather than a large school of medium fishes. Maybe I just need to rehome the bichir, it's been getting picked on by the cichlids quite a bit anyways :blink:

Hi mate I have clown barbs and long fin barbs in my tank very cool fish and make great dithers :good:

:good: Lookin good. I like driftwood that naturally makes caves and tunnels like yours.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back