My 55 Gallon Setup

Budde

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! :)
I have desided to add my 55 Gallon tank to the site again. Note: At some point I would like this to be a Reef... Any Information is welcomed. Note: I would like LPS, and Softy corals.

It is only 3 Months old. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback it is welcomed!

Current Stock List:
2 Blue Devil Damsels
5 Turbo Snails
8 Hermit Crabs
2 Live Rocks (Getting More!)
1 Bristle Worm (Hitch-Hiker)

Equipment:
60 Gallon Whisper Filter
Tetra Heater
Powerhead
2 - 15 Watt Lights - Upgrading to T5 Lighting Soon: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=16770

Stats: LFS says Good, or Bad.
Ammonia: Good
Nitrite: Good
Nitrate: Good
PH: Good
Salinity: 1.022
Temperature: 78 F

The LFS says it is cycled by comparing it to my last results a while ago.

I am Getting:
T5 Lighting
Protein Skimmer
DIYing a Sump

Pictures:

Live Rock:
1642384677_7da7c5e5c9_m.jpg

Live Rock:
1642383377_5855702231_m.jpg

More Live Rock:
1643258582_41907e9e23_m.jpg

Tank Overview:
1643333572_6b8a2319d6_m.jpg

Another Tank Overview:
1643334206_b4514289c5_m.jpg

Let me know if I need anything else.

If you want any other info Email Me , PM Me , or Reply.

Thanks for your interest in my Aquarium.

Josh

i would recommend a bit more lighting and idealy individual reflectors, if you arent going to spend the little extra money for individual reflectors for T5, then just stick with PC.

With that lighting most lps corals, zoas, palys, shrooms, i would stay away from leathers and sps with that light.

And you would probably need a lot more rock to place all the corals, with that low light you will need to place the corals higher up towards the light. Think about maybe..... 6x more rock than what you have in there.

i would recommend a bit more lighting and idealy individual reflectors, if you arent going to spend the little extra money for individual reflectors for T5, then just stick with PC.

With that lighting most lps corals, zoas, palys, shrooms, i would stay away from leathers and sps with that light.

And you would probably need a lot more rock to place all the corals, with that low light you will need to place the corals higher up towards the light. Think about maybe..... 6x more rock than what you have in there.

What corals can I get with having T5?

Josh

you can grow all soft corals (mushrooms, polyps etc etc) and some less demanding LPS corals with your t5 lighting

you can grow all soft corals (mushrooms, polyps etc etc) and some less demanding LPS corals with your t5 lighting

disagree, i would stay away from most leathers (which is a type of soft coral) and you could go with quite demanding lps corals since most lps prefer lower light conditions.

But with a good amount of T5 tubes and individual reflectors, you could pretty much keep anything....

might i suggest maybe a background of some sort on there? i have mine in all black. just a personal preference, i dont like seeing through the tank.

other then that like the others have said more live rock, but you said you had that coming already. add it little by little and not 50lbs at one time cause it's bad for the ammonia, correct me if i'm wrong.

also i would put a couple more power heads in there once you start getting more rock.

just a couple ideas
-Demm

considering you only seem to have been keeping marines for 4 months musho3210, your knowledge on them astounds me, your answer is always right. how do you do it?

ive done a lot in 4 months, and to this day, about.... 11-12 months of daily research.

I admit, i have no life :)

Hello!

I just thought I would throw an update out..

Here are only some of the Parameters:

Salinity: 2.024
Nitrite: Undetectable
Nitrate: 20 ppm (Tips on Lowering this Please)

**Note: Ammonia, and pH Levels will be coming within the next 2 weeks.**

My fish, and Livestock are currently very healthy, and on Monday I was going to get more fish, but I decided to hold off until I get More Live Rock, Power Heads, and PC Lighting.

Feedback is welcomed, please to not Flame me.

Josh

Since you don't have that much in the way of livestock in there, I'd suggest first getting some more rock in there and seeing how the nitrates respond. They'll prolly go up from the dieoff on the new rock. Then once they've leveled back out, do a single BIG waterchange (think 50% or much more) to get those nitrates down.

Since you don't have that much in the way of livestock in there, I'd suggest first getting some more rock in there and seeing how the nitrates respond. They'll prolly go up from the dieoff on the new rock. Then once they've leveled back out, do a single BIG waterchange (think 50% or much more) to get those nitrates down.

Thanks SkiFletch!

Most reactions

Back