My 125 reef, step by step setup

Errrrrrr.....I was going to take another pic and post but my stupid camera battery died right when I was going to take it. I'll have to do it after it charges. Not much of a change, just to show the 3 powerheads I added. I also did another 25g water change and cleaned up the algae.
Thanks for the compliments..... I'll keep posting progress pic's when I do anything :)

very nice hasmat. are those 20,000k bulbs or do you have some blue yubes or something?

ste :)

ste2k3 said:
very nice hasmat. are those 20,000k bulbs or do you have some blue yubes or something?

ste :)
I have 2 metal halide 175 10,000k each. I also have 2 Power compact 96watts ea. blue actinic.

20,000k was just too expensive for me :S

Hazmat :)

With out a doubt, one of the most haulting things i have ever seen is a well stocked reef. you have the some serious abilities with the setup you have to get into a number of different things. i wish i could have a salty as well but i don't have the time and i take care of enough tanks at works as it is. i hope the best for you new endevor and can't wait to see it's progress. good luuck!

Ok here we go. I went to the LFS and got started on the cleaner crew.
This first pic is some of the Scarlet Hermit Crab's that I got (3)

Remember I have a cheep digital camera so the pic's are not that great :*)

Attachments

• tank_14.JPG
    tank_14.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 40
This next one is a Brittle Starfish
Good for cleaning between the rocks

Attachments

• tank_15.JPG
    tank_15.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 45
I forgot to mention how perfect the location for that tank looks....you should take a full wall pic with the fireplace as well....looks GREAT!!! *drools*

chris (fresh at the mike)

thanks freshmike....I'll do that right now

Next is a Cleaner Shrimp :)

Attachments

• tank_17.JPG
    tank_17.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 40
This one is just to show how the tank looks as of today with the powerheads added.

Attachments

• tank_18.JPG
    tank_18.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 45

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back