My 100g Cichlid Community :)

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yeah than can be,I just read a thread about them killing a Green Terror! lol

They are definitley not tolerant of other Geos or similar fish,I had to rehome my Hecklii (threadfin Acara) becasue my pearl was giving him a kick in!

Looks like my new 'blue Acara' is the same as my old onee on closer inspection...got it from a different shop to!

the newbie
DSCF0005.jpg

My old one
DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Good news: my Step Father has just bought me a Festivum :) :)

Heres a better pic of my Rainbow Cichlid

DSCF0021.jpg

Actually second glance the new one has a gold line on his fins so looks like He is a Blue Acara.

Very similar fish looks wise litrally the difference is this new guy is bluer and has a gold tip to his fin wheras my old one is greener and has a silver fin tip

Very nice looking tank. Your Brasiliensis is stunning already. The new fish looks to be a Blue Acara to me. I have always thought that festivum and Severum work well together and kinda compliment each other.

Thanks guys,turns out my stepfather bought me 2x Festivums :) bonus! :p

New tank shots

My new Festivums

DSCF0006-2.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

My Blue and Green Acara (these 2 love each other!)

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0012-2.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

Some randoms messing with the macro option on my cam..well pleased with the results!

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0011-2.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Angels
DSCF0096.jpg

In the process of rehoming my Gourami and my Gibbi Plec (hes gonna get to big)

Planning on getting a small group of bristlenoses once I have cured the white spot that my Severum brought in with it.

Got a Bristlenose today and offloaded the Plec and Gourami...pretty much set on stocking now.

Lovely tank and fish :drool: :good:
You should make a few more cave areas, meeki might just feel as he has nowhere to retreat to, and so is acting like a biatch :lol:

I got rid of the fkr a week or 2 ago along with the ugly green Severum :p lol he was to much my stocking now is

3 x Severum
1 x Festivum
2 x Blue Acara
1 x Pearl Eartheater
2 x Angel Fish
6 x rainbowfish
3 x Clown Loach
1 x Bristlenose Plec

May rehome the Angels and the Latifron at some point when stuff is near fully grown,i'm just going to watch it and see.

As far as i know my Severums are 2 x female (the Rotkeil and Red Spotted) and 1 x male (the big gold) So on the look out for agression in the future.

Hopefully my tank will be a lot less messy now my Gibbiceps Plec has been rehomed,that guy was cool but he used to have a permanent turd hanging out his behind twice the length of his body! lol

I have just been thinking and i dont think I have lost a fish via death for a couple of years now...the last natural was my Jewel Cichlid about 2 years ago,the last unatural was my Male Kribensis which my Firemouth shredded recentley.All is going good :)

I have been keeping fish for ten years but always had those tiems where fish would drop for no apparent reason etc....looks like i have finally got the knack :)

Gonna end this thread here and make a new one once I finished what i'm doing,the tank is kinda different now after rehoming stuff etc so will make a new thread when im finished.

Most reactions

Back