Music? Anyone?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Oops, got lost there for a minute, maybe ??static. No, really, I'm a seventies girl all the way, but not hard rock. My Pandora station is all Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce, Simon & Garfunkel...I'm gonna sound like my dad, greatest man I ever knew, but I like music I can understand the words and find my own feelings to match. I suppose that sounds rather boring to some, but to me there is something peaceful about, "If You Could Read My Mind" at 3 A.M. that is almost perfect to me. I'm a night owl, my son refers to it as watching fish TV
A very nostalgic genre for me. Bread, Seals and Crofts, etc...

Simon and Garfunkel, though, head and shoulders...Paul Simon...one of the greatest poets of our time. (Along with Neil Young) .

Fleetwood Mac Rumours, then their entire catalog
Fleetwood Mac, Rumors, Tusk...the trifecta. Lindsay Buckingham is genius performing and arranging on these, esp. Tusk, the FM version of the Beatles "White" album.

Last edited:
@mbsqw1d
Mitski...Unique true talent. ("A Pearl" is a stand out song and stellar video.) She, as well as Japanese Breakfast. ..I don't know...I feel a little overwhelmed by the - what I feel - is a sense of overproduced "noisy"music. I really checked them out quite a bit and found the KERA and Little Desk concerts more enjoyable.

I think my "blase'" taste is more of an atmosphere, or a mood. Mazzy Star through to Massive Attack, Portisehead, and even the loungey Morcheeba. Or Cowboy Junkies on the other end of the spectrum, along with Americana/Roots, Gillian Welch, for example. Title track off a super album.

Last edited:
One of my favorite recordings; listening in it's entire awesome-ness:

Van Morrison
Astral Weeks
Current song: Sweet Thing

I clearly need to invest some listening time into Mr Morrison. Everything I've ever heard from him I've enjoyed but never thought to look him up

I clearly need to invest some listening time into Mr Morrison. Everything I've ever heard from him I've enjoyed but never thought to look him up
I actually don't know much of his other work, so I can't vouch. Pretty sure he put out gobs and is a Hall of Famer.
All I ever want to hear is this album. I suggest the listening to whole of Astral Weeks at once and in order as it's better not to split up the songs. Some things are just like thatā˜†

I actually don't know much of his other work, so I can't vouch. Pretty sure he put out gobs and is a Hall of Famer.
All I ever want to hear is this album. I suggest the listening to whole of Astral Weeks at once and in order as it's better not to split up the songs. Some things are just like thatā˜†
Iā€™ve tried n tried n tried n tried with Astral Weeks but just dont ā€œget itā€.
Every time thereā€™s a critics poll in the music press/websites itā€™s a top 20 of all time album contender but It does nothing for me. I love his Moondance album which is one of my all time top 52 albums (one per week) and half a dozen of his other albums but AW just leaves me cold. Moondance is ten times the album AW is.

Iā€™ve owned AW on vinyl, tape and CD. Iā€™m not gonna start again with it on Spotify. Itā€™s had its chance.

A Van The Man anecdote vol 1: Very early one Sunday morning I was at Spitalfields Market in London and noticed filming activity in the Italian restaurant on the corner. I peeped through the window to see Sting being interviewed on camera. Merrrh Itā€™s London theyā€™re everywhere these people.
A couple of hours later I exit Notting Hill Gate tube station to see Van Morrison strolling along. Merrrh etc. 100 yds later here comes Elvis Costello bold as brass....woooah whatā€™s going on here? Is there an old rock star convention in town?
I arrived at a friends who was a bit surprised when told as heā€™d never seen those two in the hood before. He was used to seeing Brian Eno and Mick Jones (The Clash) a couple of times a week though he said.
So we wander along to the Prince Albert pub and take our beers to the stools by the window for a bit of newspaper reading and people watching. Wooooah here comes Brian Eno on the zebra crossing.....two mins later there goes Mick Jones on the opposite side of the road.
Now known as rock star Sunday by errrh me.

But I digress.

Most reactions

Back