MTS

SarahBravo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
You guys are a bad influence!!! I got given a tank 6 weeks ago, thought 'cheap hobby', have spent a fortune on it and still not got any fish, but looked at all the pics and posts on here, so have bought another 2 tanks before I've even got fish for the first one!!!!!! Just gotta have puffers. Just GOTTA. Just gotta have parrot cichlids.... just GOTTA.

For the sake of my financial and mental wellbeing, PLEASE, everyone, stop telling me about your fish!!

Sarah :p :p :p :p

PS - Now I have to update my sig..... will it never stop???!?!?!

PPS - as of 2 hours ago, have FISH!! Hooray!!! Feeling much better, and can't stop looking at the little guys. Had to treat cat for concussion though, as it didn't realise there was glass between it and fishies!

:D

That's great. What kind of fish did you end up getting? I am a MTS suffer too and it's great :D as long as you find good prices :nod:

Want to hear about angels and how great they are? but you know they require another tank ;)

Yea angels are great, very graceful. I just like fish that haven't been messed with to create a certain colour and stuff. All natural for me :p

didn't get a bad deal on the tanks - was just playing on ebay at 4 in the morning cos I couldn't sleep - bid on 2 tanks and loads of other stuff, not thinking i'd get any of it..... got ALL of it! yoiks!! Had to have a little chat with my bank manager the next morning :crazy: :crazy: Went into the lfs to buy zebra danios, but was humbled by my newbie status and listened to the woman in the shop who said Mollies were better to start with.... now my stocking plan is out the window and I'm kicking myself. the lfs isn't so local (2 hour drive) so don't really want to take them back. They're very cute - anyone want to adopt 4 mollies??

And NOOoooooooo..... don't tell me about angels yet, please! Took one look at a puffer and fell in a bad way, can't buy another tank so soon, my bank manager will kill me!!

Sarah :p

I don't know... My first fish was the zebra danio. The pet store told me to get them as they are very hardy. (now I don't think they are as hardy as mollies). I got my mollies later.

I got platies first and one of the 2 has survived various tank changes and newbie mistakes (the other one died when i got the dosage of tap safe wrong!), and is now very happy in my 15G tank with 3 other platies and various others.

Ben

I too am an MTS sufferer. I now have 8 tanks total...three of which were aquired in the last month alone. :p :rolleyes:

So SarahBravo...? Wanna hear about the wonderful fish called Loaches??? :lol: :hyper:

I have 8 if you include the 1G Jar with female betta in it :) Having lots of tanks is great and diversifies what you can have whilst keeping you interested in it all as you have so much to look at :)

Ben

Well, sounds like you got it bad girl! Before you know it, you'll end up like me, with an entire basement dedicated to tanks, I should update my sig... I have 32 running, not counting 10 gallon fry tanks.. so about 38 total. Just wait till yours have babies! Then someone will tell you about mouth brooders! and SHELL DWELLERS ahhhhhh, it NEVER ENDS!! good luck and welcome to insanity=)

38 TANKS????

If you have a digital camera you HAVE to give us a full scale tank tour!! That would be awesome. If you need help uploading pictures to the internet just PM me.

Ben

I started with just one tiny 5G, but soon realised I wanted more variety, so bought a 20G, then another, then another, then realised I also needed a breeding/hospital/nursery tank, which then became a snailarium/fry nursery, so needed another nursery tank, so got another, which will become my Dwarf Gourami breeding/nursery tank. So now I am in the market for another 20G to be used as nursery tank for all my current/future fry.

Phew! Hope I didn't lose you in my paragraphing! :)

Most reactions

Back