Psychology to allow for MTS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MuddyWaters

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I swear, y'all, we need training classes for how to convince a spouse or significant other that MTS is a good thing...in moderation of course... ;)

I was literally about to post here asking for opinions on a tank with Colombian Tetras and Zebra Danio, when I made the mistake of mentioning ....... ANOTHER TANK..... to my wife. You would think I told her I was cheating on her.

Until 2016 I lived in a big house where I could have had half the basement as a fish room. During those days, I was blissfully unaware of all the advances and cool stuff in the hobby- I kept my 29 gallon community tank with whatever I could find at the local store and was happy.

Then I moved to a townhouse just outside the city. The kids had gotten older and we didn't need all that space. Plus being closer to work and everything we love (we are 3 miles from the Braves ballpark) was great until I started reading about the hobby and got mega-hooked. Let's face it- it's beyond the mild interest I had for years.

Anyway, now we don't have nearly as much space, but there are a few strategic spots where I could put a couple more tanks. What are the instructions to get past, as they call it in the gaming community, "spouse aggro?"

I swear, y'all, we need training classes for how to convince a spouse or significant other that MTS is a good thing...in moderation of course... ;)

I was literally about to post here asking for opinions on a tank with Colombian Tetras and Zebra Danio, when I made the mistake of mentioning ....... ANOTHER TANK..... to my wife. You would think I told her I was cheating on her.

Until 2016 I lived in a big house where I could have had half the basement as a fish room. During those days, I was blissfully unaware of all the advances and cool stuff in the hobby- I kept my 29 gallon community tank with whatever I could find at the local store and was happy.

Then I moved to a townhouse just outside the city. The kids had gotten older and we didn't need all that space. Plus being closer to work and everything we love (we are 3 miles from the Braves ballpark) was great until I started reading about the hobby and got mega-hooked. Let's face it- it's beyond the mild interest I had for years.

Anyway, now we don't have nearly as much space, but there are a few strategic spots where I could put a couple more tanks. What are the instructions to get past, as they call it in the gaming community, "spouse aggro?"
When you find out let me know 😜

What are the instructions to get past, as they call it in the gaming community, "spouse aggro?"
Well, tell her that adding new tanks does make your love for her grow more and more... even beyond expectation...☝️
Unless she settles for your current love... then even our backing up won't help anymore...:eek:

Tell her they are all HER tanks. We are at Reina 1-6 tanks (+ q-tank). In Reina 1-2, she gets to pick species compositions. Of course at water changes they are all Rey 1-6. But it has sort of worked. Despite that, at this time, no more tanks for me.

Tell her they are all HER tanks. We are at Reina 1-6 tanks (+ q-tank). In Reina 1-2, she gets to pick species compositions. Of course at water changes they are all Rey 1-6. But it has sort of worked. Despite that, at this time, no more tanks for me.
good idea! I did make the big one all fish that can be found in Colombia, thinking that might spark her interest (she's from Bogota)...she does like that one now- I mean, it's pretty with all the plants and everything.

I'll tell her I'm building HER one and see how that goes.

This is simple...you tell her you're the head of the house and that you pay for the mortgage and if you want another tank, by George, you're going to have one 🧐....then you calmly wait for either the divorce papers or a smothering in your sleep, whichever comes first 🤣

Pretend to drink for several fake binges. Then come home and say "I have to stop this. I need something else. Maybe more fishtanks so I can stop?"

Or, pretend to join a cult, same story.

Or, say you can't decide on a hobby. maybe rebuilding vintage cars and hoarding them, or fishtanks.

At the moment I said maybe another aquarium or maybe... A HotRod or a muscle car of some sort...

While browsing CarPages, viewing a 1954 century low rider with a Restomod bored engine and stage 1 heads on top. :)

The new tank didn't make itself wait too long.

Every time you bring a new tank into the house it must contain an expensive piece of jewelry. Nothing plated, no cubic zirconium. It has to be the real deal. If you do it right she will be suggesting you might want to get another tank.......

Every time you bring a new tank into the house it must contain an expensive piece of jewelry. Nothing plated, no cubic zirconium. It has to be the real deal. If you do it right she will be suggesting you might want to get another tank.......
Oooh this is a good one!

This is simple...you tell her you're the head of the house and that you pay for the mortgage and if you want another tank, by George, you're going to have one 🧐....then you calmly wait for either the divorce papers or a smothering in your sleep, whichever comes first 🤣
Best idea ever! .....as long as it never leaves my head. She did say, "I know you're going to do it anyway..." I wasn't, but hmmm.... I could come back with, "well you said I was going to do it- didn't want to make you a liar." :D

Dear Wife.
There is a diamond in the gravel in this aquarium. You can have the diamond if I can have the aquarium.

Wife says.
There is 100kg of white gravel in that aquarium. How am I meant to find a diamond in it?

Mental notes.
Diamond may be very small :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back