Mp3 Help Please?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pixiesandfairies

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, First i should warn you i i don`t get this stuff! I have a walkman 580i, It says it has a MP3 player on it. I want to download songs from the Internet to the phone. But i can`t do it. every time i download to the PC. I manage this. Then i can`t get it from the PC folder that it goes in to the blue-tooth folder to blue-tooth it to my phone!!!!! What should i be doing? Would an MP3 player be better? If so which one? I want one the shows me the songs i have stored, so i can choose what i want to listen to. I am in the UK. In case that matters? Thanks for any help in advance! :crazy:

Well, in a way, I kind of hate saying this, however, you really need to opt for the ipod.

Before I had one, I used a generic MP3 player (not a cheap one either), I had to download special software for it in order that it worked on a pc 'the drivers of which a few years later vanished' and to be fair, it was okish, not great, not bad, just ok.

I then got an ipod. You feel you have stepped up a class straight away. Once you get used to the ipod (or ipod video classic 80gb, which is what I now have) you wonder how you ever lived without it. You will get a cd with the ipod, which will have itunes on it. itunes is software that enables you to put tunes onto your ipod, view what you have on it, and also a section for buying tunes and videos/films.

Another thing to remember, in your car, you may have a cd player. Well, with an ipod, kiss that goodbye, you will never need to use the cd again. Load up your fave tunes/albums on your ipod, then buy a car transmitter, I got my from a garage for £7. It is a small box that plugs into your ipod, it then transmits the signal to your car radio, thus allowing you to listen to your ipod through your car's speakers.

Other gadgets are available for the ipod, such as stand alone speakers for you to have in your home, or office. You will find lots of add ons for the ipod.

So, whilst I may sound like I am selling ipods, I am not, I am just someone who got one, and think there great! There is no other option in MP3 players.

Ok, First i should warn you i i don`t get this stuff! I have a walkman 580i, It says it has a MP3 player on it. I want to download songs from the Internet to the phone. But i can`t do it. every time i download to the PC. I manage this. Then i can`t get it from the PC folder that it goes in to the blue-tooth folder to blue-tooth it to my phone!!!!! What should i be doing? Would an MP3 player be better? If so which one? I want one the shows me the songs i have stored, so i can choose what i want to listen to. I am in the UK. In case that matters? Thanks for any help in advance! :crazy:

All you do is open the bluetooth folder, then open the folder that contains the mp3, drag and drop them in to the bluetooth folder..

Or, simple copy and paste the mp3s. in to the folder.

ipods are ok, but not the best mp3 players out there.

itunes, is, IMO a horrible application, I wish the ipod was drag and drop.

i could not agree more. many £20 generic mp3 players are way better than an Ipod. as for itunes?????????? what a bit of crap, invasive and virtually useless.

as for bluetooth transfer, simply left click on the song, go to send to, then chose bluetooth. the comp will do a search, when it finds your phone just wait till its sent.

i could not agree more. many £20 generic mp3 players are way better than an Ipod. as for itunes?????????? what a bit of crap, invasive and virtually useless.

as for bluetooth transfer, simply left click on the song, go to send to, then chose bluetooth. the comp will do a search, when it finds your phone just wait till its sent.

That's obviously a subjective statement. I've tried the Zune, and 6 or 7 other WMA based players, they were drag and drop and I hated all of them. I couldn't make myself comfortable with Windows Media Player either.

For me the beauty of iPods is the support and customer service you get from Apple. That and the fact that I think iTunes is the best music manager I've used. I don't find iTunes to be at all invasive, and it does a fantastic job of keeping my digital media in order and compiled nicely. To each his/her own I suppose.

SLC

You can drag and drop to an iPod, but you need to do it through iTunes. You select the songs you want on there, then highlight them and drag them to the left side of the screen where your iPod is shown and drop them on there. Easy as pie. But that's another great thing about iPods, get an iPod classic and unless you have an unbelievably large collection of music and movies in your library, you can just tell it to sync everything you have and you don't even need to worry about drag and drop. Creating playlists is helpful for finding things quickly too.

I've got an 80 GB iPod classic right now, I have 8 movies in there and 12 GB of songs. Then I have about 25 GB of RAW files from my last photography job backed up waiting for a new external HDD for my computer. I've still got room for thousands of more songs and quite a few movies too. And I've got the smaller of the iPod classic models!

SLC

well put slc.

I cannot really add anything really. Like slc, ive used both, generic mp3 players and ipods, i like slc, prefer ipods, as they do have many advantages such as the support, services, add ons etc.

however, i guess each to their own

I am on my second ipod, one of the buttons gave up on the first.

Now I have an 40gb ipod, I dont even have itunes installed for it, I use a different program that is much easier, and dosent try to take over all my settings and my songs like itunes did.

I also have a 40gb Iriver H340, which is twice as deep as the ipod but much better IMO

I am on my second ipod, one of the buttons gave up on the first.

Now I have an 40gb ipod, I dont even have itunes installed for it, I use a different program that is much easier, and dosent try to take over all my settings and my songs like itunes did.

I also have a 40gb Iriver H340, which is twice as deep as the ipod but much better IMO
What program do you use? iTunes really sucks for me some days.

Itunes is an awful piece of software, resource heavy and full of bugs.
Personally, I'd rather go with another mp3 player than an ipod....and that's about the most diplomatic I've ever been about Ipods.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back