Moving cories safely

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

big_fresh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just reading a post about someone asking about buying cories and how to determine if the cories were injured due to LFS staff netting them.

Has anyone moved their cories from one tank to another? I'd like some advice on how to move my little julii corydoras (definately my favourite fish), I only have 3 at the moment but want to have more in my 20 gallon community tank.

I guess the previous post freaked me out about possible bruising to cories during netting.

In my transfer of the cories i will put the guppies and a pair of platies in the 10 gallon.

I want to have at least 6 cories in my 20 gallon

Hi big_fresh :D

Corys are no more likely to be injured by netting them than any other fish is. :no:

All fish are rather delicate little things and can be hurt if they are handled in a rough or hasty way. If you have to net them, go slowly and take your time catching them. Think, "If I can't catch it now, perhaps I'll have better luck in a few minutes."

Just remember that while a fish might be able to swim fast, you are smarter and can out think them. You will always win in the end and your corys will be moved safely. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back