Monos

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
My girlfriends parents live in Plymouth, so every time I go visit, I make sure I take some time out to see the National Aquarium

They have an exhibit with Monos (over a hundred I'd say) in, and this is it -

853503694_9374babe0e_b.jpg

853531900_5d47f40905_b.jpg

852662677_620358ed8f_b.jpg

They're in the reef tank they have!

You can see a black tip reef shark, a humphead wrasse and other fish in some of the photos.

Also in the tank are Lionfish, Damsels, Anthias, Parrotfish and usually a loggerhead turtle (but "Snorkel" was at the vets today apparently).

So, for people who have seen them in freshwater, their own brackish tanks this here they are in saltwater too!

Just thought it might be of interest to those into brackish.

Wonderful isn't it?
I live near plymouth and go to the aquarium a couple of times a year.
If I remember rightly that's the Pacific Reef exhibit, their name not mine.
All sorts of fish in that one.
Nice pictures. :good:

Wonderful isn't it?
I live near plymouth and go to the aquarium a couple of times a year.
If I remember rightly that's the Pacific Reef exhibit, their name not mine.
All sorts of fish in that one.
Nice pictures. :good:

I think they've changed the name to Coral seas. Either way, still an amazing exhibit.

I loved this tank when I saw it, was staggared by the amount of Monos there were. Dont worry about not seeing the Loggerhead, its not that great. Did you see the only freshwater tank there? Had about 20 fish species named on the side of the tank, but could only see about 6. Odd stocking though, Spotted Gars with Kribs......

I loved this tank when I saw it, was staggared by the amount of Monos there were. Dont worry about not seeing the Loggerhead, its not that great. Did you see the only freshwater tank there? Had about 20 fish species named on the side of the tank, but could only see about 6. Odd stocking though, Spotted Gars with Kribs......

I go 2 or 3 times a year depending. The freshwater tank was drained when i was there, which isn't too much of a shame because like you say, it's a mess really, looks like rescued fish that have been brought in just go in there.

I went to the biggest aquarium in Korea, and they had a huge(Though not as big as that) saltwater tank with monos, scats, goatfish, lookdowns and Undulate(?) triggerfish. It was impressive, but this also matches it!

The shark is a nice touch.

Most reactions

Back