April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Is this a carbon cartridge? Can't find anywhere on the box that says it is

Attachments

• Snapchat-1758886125.jpg
    Snapchat-1758886125.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 61
The carbon is the black powder stuff inside the cartridge. In this case, just make a neat cut on one edge and try to get as much of the powder out as possible. By the way, you don't need to keep buying the replacement cartridges, unless you need to run carbon in your filter for some reason (for example, when you finish medicating, after the last water change put in a new carbon cartridge in addition to the slashed one). Carbon really only works anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, after which it has the potential to begin leeching whatever it trapped inside of it back into the water. So in this case, after you have the new cartridge in there for a week, take it out and just keep using the slashed one.

Here's a thread that you might find relevant on the topic of cartridges: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/replacing-filter-cartridges.466557/post-3993443

I was going to say 'as a side note' but considering it relates to my original question...

My female molly is pregnant. Looking at her this morning, she has a large squared-off belly and darker coloration. I assume this would probably explain the mood swings, eating, aggression and hovering by the heater I've been seeing. Unfortunately she also has white ich spots present on her fins. She must be under tremendous stress. I don't have a second tank yet so I am getting something to separate her. Hopefully she can stick around and get to be a good mom.

Sheesh this was a roller coaster. I hope you do okay and if not, maybe check out a vet? But the person who answered you seems to have a lot of knowledge. Good luck and I hope your fish are okay!

Most reactions

Back