mollies and cories in the same tank?

gale

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I know that mollies like salt in their water (am I correct? I'm sure I read this somewhere) and I know that cories don't like salt. So should I put them in separate tanks? If so, and I put salt in the tank w/ the mollies, what bottom feeders can I put in there? Shrimp? Loaches??

Are there fish other than catfish that don't like salt??

thanks!

Mollies do like salt, though I'm not sure if it's required for them. I seem to recall reading that Sailfin Mollies actually need the salt, while other Mollies prefer it but do okay without it. Perhaps someone with more "Mollie Knowledge" can comment. Loaches like salt about as much as Corys... I don't remember if there are other fish that don't like salt... -_-

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

look at my sig, I've maintained this for over 6 months, regular and balloon mollies are just fine in non salted water, i have even had 2 births of fries...so go for it!

I did have a question as far as stocking though is this too much for a 10 gallon??

6 cory's (3 pepperred and 3 albino)
2 mollies (silver molly)
any help i'd really really appreciate it!

Mollies will do fine without the salt. I have had mollies quite often over the last ten years and all did fine without. :D

I'll second that, mine are doing fine without salt also.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back