Mixing Clowns?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

garybuk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I think i no the anser but just makeing sure! i have a pair of tomato clowns they got there own anemone, i just got two other clowns (nemo type) (tank breed) and the tomato clowns the bigger one is attcking the smaller (quite abit smaller) nemo clowns:(:(:(

Does this mean i got to get rid of one or the other type??

Unfortunately yes. Clownfish are EXCEPTIONALLY territorial once hosting an anemone/coral. Heck my little skunk clown chases away my wrasses that are 2-3 times the size of him if they get too close to his elegance coral... The aggression is worse with other clownfish.

yeah, get rid of one of the pairs, clowns dont mix most of the time

I got a nother aneome for the nemo clowns and the other pair went in it!!!! how long would it take for the nemo clowns to go in to a nenome? will they yet cos they are very small

it is kind of wreckless of you to have put anouther pair of clowns in your tank, least harmless is their attitude to monopolise everything which is what your original ones are doing, second of all it was highly insane to add a second pair of clowns into your tank and whoever gave u the idea is made. your originals will most probably continue to stress out your nemo's until they die i would say! they are red light warning to even try mixing together and unless you get like a 1 in 1000 of 2 highly shy or friendly clown fish mixing usually doesnt turn out well!.

i would be taking 1 of the 2 pairs back to the shop or moving them to a new tank because as it sounds it wont be a happy ending! really confuses me that you would even think to add 2 new clowns to a tank after having 2 establish their territory withing the tank and i mean they will defend any area of any tank no matter how big the tank!

sorry for the attitude but the first thing you should have been taught about annenomi fish is to never add more in after youve established some in a tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back