Dwashko

Reaction score
So i want to know if i can add these fish to my current tank, Lemon Jake Peacock, OB Peacock, German Red Peacock and Blue Dolphin hap.

So my tank is a 72 gallon bowfront with a 55 gallon sump.  In the main tank i have tons of rocks for my Mbunna and swimming space for Haps and peacocks.  Also in the sump there is 30 gallon timeout for the most aggressive fish.  i wont go into details about the exact filtration in the sump but i havent had problems with nitries, nitrates or ammonia for a year.  My stocking is as follows.
Mbunna
2 electric yellow
2 red zebra
1 demosoni
1 snow white
1 Albino red top zebra

Peacocks
2 dragons blood

Haps
Albino taiwan reef hap

Misc
3 bushy nose pleco
1 rhino pleco
2 blood parrots

Thanks i hope this is enough information

Did you mean Mbuna mix?  Let's start with your current setup and see if anyone else will chime in.  If you go by 'suggested' stocking levels and compatibility:
  1. You should have 5 or more Yellow Labs / Red Zebras
  2. Yellow Labs (mbunas in general) are not recommended with Peacocks
  3. The Demasoni is not recommended with most of your other stock
  4. The Socolofi is not recommended with most of your other stock
  5. The Blood Parrots are not recommeded with most mbuna's
  6. Do you have enough driftwood for the Pleco's?
Are these all still juveniles?  How long have you had this mixed stock and how have they been together? Any fin nipping, deaths or obvious signs of aggression?  

Ok, with that out of the way, you may want to reconsider your stock.  I would suggest sticking with the mbunas and overstocking to help control aggression., or balancing the peacocks and mbuna to overstocking to again, help avoid aggression.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back