Missing Honey Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

juniorskeptical

Reaction score
I had added two Honey Gouramis to my 20 gallon that had five Black Phantom Tetras in it yesterday and they were totally peaceful towards each other. Today, one of the gouramis is missing. I took out the decorations, looked in the filter just in case, and looked everywhere around the room in the event it had managed to jump out. I have not found it alive or dead. Is it possible it was killed/died and eaten that fast with no trace of it?

I had added two Honey Gouramis to my 20 gallon that had five Black Phantom Tetras in it yesterday and they were totally peaceful towards each other. Today, one of the gouramis is missing. I took out the decorations, looked in the filter just in case, and looked everywhere around the room in the event it had managed to jump out. I have not found it alive or dead. Is it possible it was killed/died and eaten that fast with no trace of it?
same thing happened with my black skirt tetra and i still have no idea what happened. sorry about your fish

It may have died and is lodged in a decoration. It happens. I've found more khuli loach sacrifices that way. Either the ones they drug in or themselves when the pickins got slim I spose. There will always be some remnants. A skelton for a long time, until it dissolves.

It may have died and is lodged in a decoration. It happens. I've found more khuli loach sacrifices that way. Either the ones they drug in or themselves when the pickins got slim I spose. There will always be some remnants. A skelton for a long time, until it dissolves.
Is it possible that it just sort of died on its own? Or did I somehow unknowingly kill it? I’m fairly new to the hobby so I want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly. The other honey gourami is still alive and appears to be in good health. They were both acclimated the same amount of time.

Update: I checked the tank today and there was the gourami with the other. I’m extremely confused as to how a bright orange fish was able to hide so well, even after I took out the decorations. Is it possible it burrowed deep into the gravel?

Gouramis don't bury themselves in the substrate. They usually hide under a rock, in an ornament, or among the plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back