FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Hello... It's me again! :D

Decided to set my nano tank back up after it being sat there doing nothing for a while.

So, went to my LFS to have a look at their stock. Was going with Dwarf Puffers in mind. If that wasn't going to happen then a Male Betta Splendens would be the fish of choice. The tank is in my daughters room and she loves both fish. Looked at their DP's and they're beautiful. Would like to get 2 but i don't think the tank is big enough so 1 will probably have to do. Will go back tomorrow to pick one up once the tank has settled a little and i have tested the water.

Went with my usual black substrate, but went with Unipack Black Gravel. It's really nice stuff, has a bit of a shine to it but very clean and easy to use. Went with 5kg which has given me roughly a 1.5-2" depth, perfect for planting in. Plants were Narrow Leaved Java Fern, Pogostemon and a few sprigs of Lilaeopsis. Ideally need a bit more of the latter two, maybe another pot of each, but that can be sorted as and when i get the chance. Also went with a small piece of Sumatran wood again. Would have ideally liked a small piece of Redmoor, but my LFS doesn't stock it so i got the next best thing.

All setup and settling nicely. Will add my filter in later on and then add the cycled media tomorrow before i go to get the fish so the bacteria doesn't start to die off. Such a shame the tank has to have a heater and a filter in there, quite proud of my effors and they just seem to spoil it a little. Will also attempt to source a back ground, but then again i might just pick up a tin of black emulsion.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's a few snaps to tide you over until i get the Puffer.

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02033-2.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

May consider a small Moss carpet, but that will be in a week or three.

Let me know what you think, comments good or bad welcome!

:good:

looks nice, again i'd add some more to the back left ie, some stems. Its good to have an open area if this is in your daughters room, she would get bored looking at the plants all day. Good luck with the puffers mate! I tried them a few years back and they were really hard to keep.

I like it! Is it freshwater or brackish? I've been tempted to do one of these but fancied trying an unusual fish like puffers.

The only thing I might want to do is expand the hardscape towards the centre just a little? You can barely notice the heater imo!

Stems such as what though? I didn't want to detract from the main feature of the tank...

Also... The tank is just in her room as I have no where else to put it :lol:

I like it! Is it freshwater or brackish? I've been tempted to do one of these but fancied trying an unusual fish like puffers.

The only thing I might want to do is expand the hardscape towards the centre just a little? You can barely notice the heater imo!

In what way Simon? Build it up a little you mean?

Freshwater btw. Brackish Puffers would be too big unfortunately. :(

Stems such as what though? I didn't want to detract from the main feature of the tank...

Also... The tank is just in her room as I have no where else to put it :lol:

In what way Simon? Build it up a little you mean?

Just between the top and lower branches on the right side of the hardscape, I feel although its missing some branches. Probably just me ;)

and ah, cheers :good:

Yeah i see what you mean... does look a little gappy. :/ Hmm... It was one of the better pieces they had in stock too :lol:

Maybe something like an Aponogeton crispus behind scape.

Hmm... Nice idea, looks great! Would some more Java Fern work do you think? I should have thickened it up a little really. Came home with 2 massive pots of the stuff and ended up using 3 little bits :rolleyes:

edit: oops, thought you said java moss not fern. A little more maybe but not too much imo.

I love crispus. Would it get too big though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back