MINIMUM SIZE FOR PERMANENT BETTA

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What do you think is the minumum size a betta should be kept in permanently?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 cup (8 oz., 1/2 pint)

• Total voters

alabaster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What do you think? Just curious! Please tell what you chose, and explain why. Also, please tell what type of container (glass tank, acrylic tank, jar, rubbermaid container, etc.) you keep your betta(s) in. Thanks for replies!

1 gallon cause they've been in those tiny cups for so long. Have you seen how betta's are shipped it's aweful. They put them in TINY bags and dump them all into a bigger bag. I say after that they deserve atleast a gallon to strecth there fins in.

The absolute minimum I believe should be 1 gallon, and the bigger, the better. I'd love to have all of mine in 5 gallon tanks of their own. One day, when the space is available, they will all have one. :)

Another vote for the 2 1/2 gallon glass.
The goldfish bowls that have the flat front and back sides. They decorate the room nicely - very aesthetically pleasing.

I won't keep my bettas in anything less.

I chose 1 gallon because I think they can live in there comfortably as long as it's a 1 gallon long. I wouldn't keep any in there but that's what I put. I rather put them in 2.5 gallons and up.

For a permanent betta home i'd go for a 2 and a half gallon tank- i know bettas can live in a 1gallon but im sure they appreiciate a 2-3gallon tank much more and it does make a lot of difference, and when it comes down to it, im sure the majority of people here can afford and have the space for at least a 2gallon tank in their home and unless you have tons of bettas to look after, i don't see why you should go for anything less.

I wouldn't have them in anything less because you cant safely put heaters in there. I would want my bettas to have their own heaters so they would be absolutely happy. My 2.5 gallons cost 10 dollars...what a 10 gallon would cost but I wouldn't need a filter in it. Plus, it's glass.
Yea, I should've probably voted for 2.5 -_-

I voted for 1 gallon as the absolute minimum, but bigger is better. Most of my boys are in 1 gallon glass bowls and do just great :)

I voted for one gallon as minimum. I have one in a one gallon now and since he's never known anything any bigger, he is quite happy there. If the day comes that I can afford to upgrade to a bigger tank for him, I will, but in the meantime, he's healthy, happy, playful and active in his one gallon. :p

I also voted 1 gal minimum because it's a lot more swimming space than those cups, and there is room for plants, maybe a small cave. I've had bettas in there temporary and they bubblenested for me.........then again I saw 5 bettas bubblenesting in their tiny cups in the lps where my friend works. (I think it's because no one had fed them in 2 weeks so they wouldn't have to change the water.....so I fed them and changed their water for them! :p And of course, brought this up to the manager! :angry: )

but I love to upgrade them to atleast a 2.5. I think bettas love extra swimming space! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back