Mini Fish Business...

Good luck!

If you are looking at mainly helping people set up & cycle their tanks, you might want to say something on the add about helping them to source things for their tanks as well, often people know what they want but cant find it.
 
Thanks again guys!

I got the flyers made but it is not in the right format to upload here to show you, sorry.

Again, I am not doing this to get rich, I am just doing it because I think it would be fun.

And yes, I believe I have enough knowledge to help people get started with a new tank; cycling and all.

-FHM
 
You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D
 
hey minnow ;)

i like the idea, i think its a great little thing too do!

I think sharing knowledge with other people is a great thing =]
 
Thanks! :blush:

That is what is should be like more-or-less, sharing knowledge with people, just in this case there will be a small fee.

I mean small. I was thinking $10-$15, and if I can't figure out a solution, I would only charge like $5 for coming out.

-FHM
 
Okay, here is the flyer so far.

FishFlyer.jpg


-FHM
 
You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D

:unsure: what for, or would you have to kill me if you told me :hey:


Okay, here is the flyer so far.

FishFlyer.jpg


-FHM

Its always a good idea to pop an email address on if you have one you could use, as well as the phone number, lots of people prefer to email rather than phone these days.

Good luck! :good:
 
You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D

:unsure: what for, or would you have to kill me if you told me :hey:


Okay, here is the flyer so far.

FishFlyer.jpg


-FHM

Its always a good idea to pop an email address on if you have one you could use, as well as the phone number, lots of people prefer to email rather than phone these days.

Good luck! :good:
LOL :lol:

Yeah, I thought of the email thing as well, I guess I will now add it!

-FHM
 
You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D


He! He!.. I'm sure gaz..... I mean.... we've all seen your arsenal! (lol)...
 
You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D

:unsure: what for, or would you have to kill me if you told me :hey:


You might also need to have a police check done, my mind has gone blank, is it called a criminal records check? I used to office manage a domestic cleaning company & all the cleaners had to have the checks done before they were allowed into peoples homes.

I had Special Branch do a background check on me once :D


He! He!.. I'm sure gaz..... I mean.... we've all seen your arsenal! (lol)...


lol yup they did a background check before they issued my firearms licence
 
Why not ? Give it a go and see what happens. You must be knowledegable enough to be even thinking of attempting to do this, but be wary of any claims your clients might make if things go wrong, and take out a suitable insurance to cover you in case things do go wrong. I would imagine a usual self employment insurance would not be too expensive.

Good luck with the idea, and I hope it will be a rewarding experience for you.

Best wishes,

Jon :good:
 
Thanks a lot for the support, I hope to get some calls in a few days!

I will let you all know how everything works out, fingers crossed! :lol:

-FHM
 
Didn't really read through the thread or anything (because im lazy) but I think you might get better results broadening the work you are advertising. All around fish expert would be good. I would advertise to do maintenance (tank cleaning, etc.), tank set up (helping to choose and add fish, setting up planted and non planting aquariums, and setting up equipment) and medicating/treating/helping with general tank problems (as you first wanted to do.)

Don't exactly sure how much effort/time you want to put into this, but that is what I would do anyways. I know people who maintenance tanks and I knew a person who made a decent amount of money setting up planted tanks for people, and then planting their tanks.

Good luck with it though,

DL
 
Thanks for your input.

At first, I just want to start out small and simple. I am not really into making a lot of money right now as I have a full-time job.

But yeah, maybe in the future once I see how everything goes I can expand the business to more of what you were describing.

I think it would be fun for sure!

Thanks again for your feedback and thoughts!

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top