Meet The Members

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Forum Name. Star4

Real Name. Lesley

Location Solihull, Birmingham

Number of Years in Hobby 3

Fishkeeping Profile 400l coldwater koi carp (small) 400l sa/ca cichlids + jethro & Gibbs my 2 pig plecs. 400L Frontosa tank, 300l community tank with angels gourami. 2 x 180l Ellioti fry tank (with a few other odd fish) 170l convict fry tank. 30l Rokteil serv fry tank. 300l tank soon to be more ca/sa cichlids, 2 red eared sliders 30+ years old, 1 florida cooter, 1 mississippi map turtle.

Favourite fish species. Species, I just love the frontosa, but also adore the ca/sa cichlids, but my favorite fish owned is Jethro my big sloppy pleco, who hand feeds and loves his belly tickled and being stroked.

Favourite LFS Shirley Aquatics

Aquatic Likes Natural tanks

Aquatic Dislikes Sponge Bob Squarepants

Aquatic Achievements. Rescued numerous fish from poor conditions Jethro & Gibbs (plecs) being my first and bringing them back to health, Jethro has major damage to fins exposing the bony parts both desperately thin and seriously ill, but after months of care and clean water they are both doing great. Others I have been given I have nursed back to heath and found new homes for or kept. Sucessfully bred Thorichthys Ellioti cichlids, and just managed Rotkeil serverums (thread running in cichlid section on their progress)

Non-fish related fact. Married 2 kids 4 dogs, one dog is disabled she broke her neck when she was 10 months old and she is 15 this year, another was diagnosed with cancer last year and had to have her leg removed and is undergoing chemotherapy, but is doing great. Love fast cars and motorbikes, miss my nissan turbo s12 and kawasaki gpz900r, gpz750r1 but too old for crazy vehicles now. Finally I have the greatest husband in the world who supports all my fish wishes.

Other Hobbies... Dont have time for any lol

seems a bit weird having only been here a short time but anyway:

Forum Name: chrisbassist

Number of Years in Hobby: Less than 1

Fishkeeping Profile: Roma 125 with tetra, guppies, and corys, probably a couple of cockatoos soon.

Favourite fish species: I'm gonna have to go with sharks, and not the freshwater minnows. One day maybe I'll have a big tank with bamboo sharks.

Favourite LFS: Only just learning what make a LFS good...

Aquatic Likes: Something that looks natural

Aquatic Dislikes: having to cycle, I think they should be able to bottle the bacteria so it can settle in a couple of days

Aquatic Achievements: Persuading my wife to get a fish tank

Non-fish related fact: I'm a music lover. I love listening to rock, metal, punk, prog rock, hip hop, drum n bass, blues, contemporary jazz, ska, swing, every now and again some classical. I play sax, bass, guitar and drums and in my time have taught both bass and drums, but my real passion is the bass, my warwick thumb 5 thru neck, strung with a high C instead of low B, allowing me to have a tenor tuning as well as standard bass. Also spent time at college to become a sound engineer, which I have done pro for a few years, but now taking a break with my daughter

Other Hobbies: Well, music goes without saying, but also spending time with my little girl, watching films, and sometimes I find timeto flick the playstation on

n651685812_1709193_7211.jpg

Forum Name: jacko32

Number of Years in Hobby: 3

Fishkeeping Profile: 1x 10g grow out tank also home to my oto's 2x 25g tanks home to black widow tetras apistogramma baenschi apistogramma agassizi blue acara and dwarf gourami 1x 75g tank under construction but will house my blue acara

Favourite fish species: apistogramma

Favourite LFS: quality koi company brighouse

Aquatic Likes: natural black water biotopes

Aquatic Dislikes: fish in cycling and tacky decor

Aquatic Achievements: fitting 4 tanks into my tiny room

Non-fish related fact: between the ages of 13-18 i was ranked no lower than number 2 in great britain for archery and was selected for the great britain junior squad

Other Hobbies: my other hobbies revolve around sports i play golf regularly and tennis also i play darts for 2 local teams and snooker for fun when im not playing im watching sports i am a huddersfield giants rugby league fan and im also a fan of manchester united

[media]
me2.jpg
[/media]

Forum Name...Doresy

Location...Eastleigh, England

Number of Years in Hobby...approx 7 years

Fishkeeping Profile...Done the basic community thing, now into Tanganyikan Cichlids

Favourite fish species...Tanganyikan Cichlids

Favourite LFS...Changes weekly!

Aquatic Likes...Happy fish and clear water

Aquatic Dislikes...anything un natural (except aquariums)

Aquatic Achievements...Cichlid breeding

Non-fish related fact......At 53 years old I have my own hair and teeth, hate football but love cars and boats. Family mean a lot and want another Golden Retriever when I retire.

Other Hobbies Photography and staying alive

111-1.jpg

Forum Name...forby3

Location...newcastle upon tyne, England

Number of Years in Hobby...approx 18 years

Fishkeeping Profile...had everything from trops now up to predatory fish

Favourite fish species...ermmm jaguar and dovii

Favourite LFS...hard one not that many round owa way like but would have to say betta aquaria

Aquatic Likes...nice selection of fish

Aquatic Dislikes...betta's and small tanks sorry but carnt get away with little tanks

Aquatic Achievements...3 breeding pairs of jags at the same time

Non-fish related fact......27 year old love the hobbie thought about chucking the towl in several times just carnt do it
Other Hobbies football newcastle untited my fish my children and XBOX 360

Re-done my profile. Please look further down in the thread.

Cheers, James :good:

Forum Name rdp50734

Real Name Rob

Location Oldbury West Midlands

Number of Years in Hobby 4.5 years

Fishkeeping Profile Currently housing 200ltr - firemouths jack dempsey and 4 honduran red points
120ltr - 6x Channa Gachua snakeheads
60 ltr - community tetras and mollies

Favourite fish species It was S/A C/A cichlids but now I have to say snakeheads! They fascinate me

Favourite LFS A+d aquatics Oldbury or Sedgley aquatics Sedgley But still not great!

Aquatic Likes A well aquascaped tank!

Aquatic Dislikes Sorry but I'm just not into bettas! At all!!

Aquatic Achievements Breeding livebearers and hopefully the snakeheads when they mature!

Other Hobbies Playing pool and all contact sports! Boxing, Thai boxing, MMA, infact anything competative!!!

Forum Name fry_forever!

Real Name Stephanie

Location Canada

Number of Years in Hobby Started when I was around 6 (obviously not seriously though) so I'd say around 7-8 years.

Fishkeeping Profile Currently Have 6 aquariums, keeping and sometimes breeding, kribs, bettas, zebra danios, livebearers, cory cats and BN plecs.

Favourite fish species Plecs, cory cats, livebearers, bettas, kribs.

Favourite LFS Bird Shop & Aquariums :)

Aquatic Likes When people come in knowing their stuff about fish. Big tanks with cichlids that rake through the sand.

Aquatic Dislikes People who think fish (especially bettas & goldies) can go in bowls without filters and heaters

Aquatic Achievements Have bred livebearers, bettas and zebra danios before.

Non-fish related fact I am really shy. :blush:

Other Hobbies Tap dancing (and other dance), gymnastics, writing stories.

Forum Name - mattlee

Real Name - Matt Lee

Location - South Leicestershire, uk

Number of Years in Hobby - like most i had goldfish as a child and a small tropical tank but been seriously into fish keeping for just over a year now

Fishkeeping Profile - 65G planted discus/community tank, sulawesi shrimp tank, angel breeding tank, 2 x corydoras breeding tank + fry and grow out tanks.....

Favourite fish species - Too many to choose from but if i have to it would be Discus and Corydoras.

Favourite LFS - Not really got a favourite, i will travel for the right fish....

Aquatic Likes - Healthy tanks and fish, biotopes, big groups of small fish.

Aquatic Dislikes - Dead and sick fish at lfs, big fish in little tanks.

Aquatic Achievements - Currently breeding Angelfish and Green and Gold stripe Corydoras.

Non-fish related fact - I drive a domestic refuse truck..... rubbish job :lol:

Other Hobbies - Skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, chilin, my daughter!

139.jpg

Forum Name Reeeedfish

Location Cincinnait, Ohio;USa

Number of Years in Hobby 2nd year

Fishkeeping Profile A 20 gallon tank with 3 bleeding hearts an african butterfly fish and a Bn leco. Tank 2: a 55 gallon with 1 ropefish, 1 raphael cat, 1 rhino pleco, and 2 pictus cats

Favourite fish species Ropefish, deffinitley

Favourite LFS Aquarium Adventure; Colmbus, Ohio;USA

Aquatic Likes Any fish out of the norm:)

Aquatic Dislikes Hate fish "Now-it-alls" who actually know nothing

Aquatic Achievements Fished in 6 ft waves in lake Michigan, proud owner of 2 aquariums:)

Non-fish related fact Love building models and im trying ot get a 1500$ loan from my parents to buy a 125 gallon

Other Hobbies Modeling, Swimming

Forum Name... Wastegate

Location...Carrick on Shannon, Ireland

Number of Years in Hobby...just starting out

Fishkeeping Profile... Small 15 gallon starter tank with 1 siamease fighting fish. 2 sword tails. 1 golden algae eater. 1 pleco. 3 guppys. 6 neon tetras and 1 torpedo barb. Several live plants...no artificial.

Favourite fish species... Really like my Torpedo barb.

Favourite LFS..Pets direct, Carrick on Shannon.

Aquatic Likes...nice natural looking Aquascaped tanks.

Aquatic Dislikes...Sunken ships divers no fishing signs etc.

Aquatic Achievements...Only starting out so not achieved much yet.

Non-fish related fact... Im 29 this year, just bought first house this year. Engaged to a very patient and beautiful woman for 6 years now. Have 3 dogs 1 cat. Have a passion for performance cars. Love fishing, mountian biking. Follow Liverpool football club.

Other Hobbies..Texas hold'em Poker.

Forum Name...Jenste

Real Name...Jenna

Location...Rhode Island, USA

Number of Years in Hobby...about 6 years

Fishkeeping Profile...only freshwater fish and amphibian species

Favourite fish species...African Clawed Frogs (guess I should change title to favorite aquatic species!)

Favourite LFS...Fish Bowl, West Warwick RI

Aquatic Likes...simple....sand, driftwood, live plants

Aquatic Dislikes...I hate neon colored setups - - bright ridiculous gravel, tacky ornaments....eek!

Aquatic Achievements...hopefully going to be breeding African Clawed Frogs soon!

Non-fish related fact...i apparently have pathetic taste in movies (according to my bf and friends)

Other Hobbies...baking, shopping, cleaning while dancing with my ipod....

n52801994_30309892_2382.jpg

Forum Name...Wilder

Location... Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

Number of Years in Hobby...8 years

Fishkeeping Profile... 30 gallon. 1 panda cory

Favourite fish species...Fancy goldfish, corys.

Favourite LFS... Don't have one

Aquatic Likes... Lovely well planted tank.

Aquatic Dislikes... coloured gravel, and tacky ornaments.

Aquatic Achievements... Having a panda cory for nearly 5 years.

Non-fish related fact... Have 2 children, emma 25, andrew 21.

Other Hobbies... dancing, listening to music, watching dvd, cooking.

Do you mean me fatheadminnow.
I don't put pics of me on the computor, I only have my children on the computor files.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back