Medicine Cabinet For Fishies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cheffi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Reading around the threads tonight it seems to be doom and gloom.....fish dying left, right and centre. Now I know this place is a wonderful pit of knowledge and if I posted symptoms I'd no doubt have the diagnosis and recommended treatment within a matter of minutes. BUT......what if it's late or sunday and the lfs are closed and my fishies were to need to immediate treatment to ensure their survival. If you have a medicine cabinet for fish what life saving, must have treatments would it have in it?

I don't have one (i should though), but melafix/bettafix is used a lot, so is aquarium salt. Others I don't know at all

If anyone suggest any medication they must put what it is used for or it won't mean anything to me :/

i stocked up while my tank was cycleing cos i knew when my fish got sick i would be skint or the shops were closed ect, so i always have a big bottle of melafix and pima fix, and also some king brittish ws3 in the cupboard

melafix/bettafix is used just generally tbh

melafix is stronger bettafix, they are the same thing just bettafix is less strong.

salt is also used generally, and for salt baths, not sure why though

melafix/bettafix is used just generally tbh

melafix is stronger bettafix, they are the same thing just bettafix is less strong.

salt is also used generally, and for salt baths, not sure why though

melAFIX IS 10X stronger than betta fix cut is exactly the same active ingredent.

salt baths and adding salt to the tank helps with bacterial fungal and paracites,

due to a little process called osmosis, where water molecules pass through cemm membranes to equalise the salt/water balance, esentaly drying out the nastys, fiss are more tollerant to the salt and so it dosent harm them to much, (but they couldn`t live in a high concentration, so you just give them a quick bath periodicly to get rid of the nastys

My medicine chest:-
Protozin, Cooking Salt & Flubendazole
Regards
BigC

due to a little process called osmosis, where water molecules pass through cemm membranes to equalise the salt/water balance, esentaly drying out the nastys, fiss are more tollerant to the salt and so it dosent harm them to much, (but they couldn`t live in a high concentration, so you just give them a quick bath periodicly to get rid of the nastys

I should know that, having just given osmosis courswork :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back