Marina Surfin Aquarium Kit .. Help?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DiscoTheFish

Reaction score
Hi Guys

as you will notice, I'm new to this forum so thank you all for any forthcoming advice...

We purchased this 14litre kiddies tank for the little one (aged 8 in Feb) and have set it up today. Having followed instructions it states for us to add one "sachet" of Nutrafin Aqua + and one of Nutrafin Cycle

Now, trouble is, the kit only came with one "bottle" of each, and it goes on to state for us to add a second "sachet" of Cycle on days 2 and 3.

So, simply..

Are they classing a sachet as a 30ml bottle?

a. if not, how much of said bottle so I add?
b. if yes, is there a recommend online supplier to purchase from, or is it easier to purchase from somewhere like Pets @ Home, or our local fish/garden centre.

Regards
DTF!

I have no idea if its asking you to add a sachet I think you should have sachets and not a bottle.

Is this for a tank cycle?

Also what do you plan to have in that tank?

I posted a link to the actual tank we purchased

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/marina-surfin-aquarium-kit-93503

No sachets in the box, simply 2 x 30ml bottles. 1x aqua + 1x Cycle.

not sure what we're adding in the way of fish. It states 1 fish per 2 litres of water, so we're only allowed a max of 7, but I was thinking FIVE? ,,,, Any suggestions on this as well

I posted a link to the actual tank we purchased

http://www.petsathom...arium-kit-93503

No sachets in the box, simply 2 x 30ml bottles. 1x aqua + 1x Cycle.

not sure what we're adding in the way of fish. It states 1 fish per 2 litres of water, so we're only allowed a max of 7, but I was thinking FIVE? ,,,, Any suggestions on this as well

No. That's way off. Sadly the only thing I would ever suggest in a 14L tank is shrimp. It's far to small to house anything else at all sadly. Also those bottles will not cycle the fish tank, Your best bet would be to get a testing kit to check what water levels you have.

now you've totally lost me mate with wha you just said.. I'm not an one for dogs and cats, let alone fish...

shrimps? whats those like... . lol, and how many you would say to use?

Sorry for running ahead there, You can find all the information needed in this part of the forums.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/277264-beginners-resource-center/

There you can learn what a cycle is, Learn how to cycle your tank the right way and avoid unhappy fish deaths.

If you google shrimp you'll find out what they are :p

Snails, some shrimps, microrasboras (maybe), perhaps some species of killifish, Bettas can be kept in a tank that small. The only things i would recommend for someone new to the hobby are shrimp and snails. Google Cherry Shrimp. Have a read of the fishless cycling article in the beginners section of this forum.

I believe P@H sell shrimp too, Worth asking them if thats where you bought the tank from.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back