Marimo moss ball mystery.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hexxad

Reaction score
So I woke up to these on my moss balls/ in the gravel. I might have seen one come out of my rainbow shark.
I have 2 rainbow sharks, 1 pea puffer, one Tiger barb(rescue fish).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-195647_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200407-195647_Gallery.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 138
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

It could very possibly be eggs from the rainbow shark. Does the female look bloated? (Aka filled with eggs?)

What size is the tank? I do see a problem here. Pea puffers should be kept with their own species. Tiger barbs should be kept in groups of 6 or more and rainbow sharks need quite a big tank.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

It could very possibly be eggs from the rainbow shark. Does the female look bloated? (Aka filled with eggs?)

What size is the tank? I do see a problem here. Pea puffers should be kept with their own species. Tiger barbs should be kept in groups of 6 or more and rainbow sharks need quite a big tank.
This is in a 10 gallon, all are rescued fish, I understand and agree the tank isn't fit yet, I cant get a tank or other fish right now cause of shut down. The rainbow shark acted funny when this happened, it was hiding under the sponge filter for a half day now is back to normal, it's a Gloshark to be exact, I read it's rare for them to even spawn in captivity?

Most reactions

Back