Whitecloud's Journal

Whitecloudminnowguy095 1

Fish Fanatic
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Oct 21, 2024
Messages
175
Reaction score
415
Points
63
Location
Central, Georgia, USA
Hi. Have 3 tanks. 3 years of tank experience. 2 of keeping plants. I had some great success last year with all my plants, this year, ehh.

2 are cycled, the one is not but stores plants only. And a handful of bladder snails (rn at least).


10 Gallon planted WCMM tank:
Stocking: 6 wcmm, bladder snails
plants: Anubias, amazon sword, Val, dwarf sag, water sprite, moss ball, hornwort, and dwarf lily.
lighting and ferts: ACO EG ferts, nicrew light, nuthin to special. But it does the job. And working on A BUDGET.
HOB filter, PF sand. Rock planter for the anubias. Airstone. It has been set up for 2 years. Has had MANY MANY plants over that timeline!
20 Gallon planted community:
stocking: 6 harlequin rasboras, and bladder snails, ofc they hitchhiked lol.
plants: anubias, amazon sword, Val, dwarf sag, water wisteria, hornwort, moss ball, windelov java fern babies, tiger lotus.
lighting and ferts are the same.
Two sponge filters. PF sand. I plan to add more fish including...
honey Gourami
pygmy corydoras
green neon tetras
5 gallon hornwort tank:
Bladder snails, cheap topfin light, came with tank. Hornwort, a LEGO cave for fun lol. I grabbed the water from my 20 long. It was in storage for 2 plus years, but I have a LONGGGG story about my hornwort. It is not cycled.

More info later folks!
IMG_2625.webp
IMG_2609.webp
IMG_2637.webp
 
Skip to over 5 months later, things have CHANGED. Got harlequin rasboras. A new light, and much more (please excuse the note card in the pic of the 20g)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4919.webp
    IMG_4919.webp
    185.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4918.webp
    IMG_4918.webp
    243 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4916.webp
    IMG_4916.webp
    134.5 KB · Views: 107
A lot more has changed. Peppered corydoras, another snail, and ghost shrimp. Got all these plants listed in the pic below. Switched my ferts to GLA, mixed my own macros and micros, starting to really get into the water chem aspect of the tank, and knowing the needs of the plants.
Added 6 P corys to the 20g. 15 shrimp to the 20g. 8 shrimp to the 5g. And a nerite snail to the 10g.
IMG_5417 (1).webp
IMG_5431.webp
IMG_5400.webp


IMG_5405.webp
 
Your 20 looks great.

And I hate you. After 50+ years keeping fish my tanks never look that good. They always look like a trailer park in a tornado.
Thank you!

Lol no, you see my 10g, it looks like it is 100 years old and nothing can grow anymore. I am pretty happy with my 20 though, it has come out just the way I wanted after 2 years of work to get it there.
 
Here is the tank as of 10 minutes ago: (20g)

My 5g is doing ok, but I hate the way it looks, and I did not even bother to take a picture of my 10g, I can not get it under control, still trying to figure out my Hygger light that I bought a month back. I will do my weekly 50% change tmrw (50% every week due to the fert requirements).

IMG_5561.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5566.webp
    IMG_5566.webp
    177.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5565.webp
    IMG_5565.webp
    228.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5564.webp
    IMG_5564.webp
    228.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5563.webp
    IMG_5563.webp
    243.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5562.webp
    IMG_5562.webp
    189.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5567.webp
    IMG_5567.webp
    125.8 KB · Views: 77
The tank just keeps maturing. (20g).

Idk about my 10g, it is just a algae tank at this point... I am still doing my best with it

Lost a few shrimp in my 5g, woke up several mornings to see a shrimp eating a shrimp.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6176 (1).webp
    IMG_6176 (1).webp
    175.3 KB · Views: 61
Picture drop, cuz why not!
IMG_6188.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6189.webp
    IMG_6189.webp
    172.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6190.webp
    IMG_6190.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6191.webp
    IMG_6191.webp
    231.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6192.webp
    IMG_6192.webp
    225.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6193.webp
    IMG_6193.webp
    242 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6176 (1).webp
    IMG_6176 (1).webp
    175.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6177 (1).webp
    IMG_6177 (1).webp
    196.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6178.webp
    IMG_6178.webp
    169 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6179.webp
    IMG_6179.webp
    192.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6180.webp
    IMG_6180.webp
    143.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6181.webp
    IMG_6181.webp
    154.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6182.webp
    IMG_6182.webp
    116.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6183.webp
    IMG_6183.webp
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6184.webp
    IMG_6184.webp
    91 KB · Views: 54
I finally re-did my 10g and knocked out 85% of the algae, moved my algae filled java fern and anubias to my 5g shrimp tank, they love moss and algae anyways so I moved my moss ball from the 20 gallon tank there too. I moved around 5 shrimp to my 20g from the 5g. Did all 3 water changes today. And did a big outer rim and glass cleaning. Everything is looking better now. Added a creek rock (throughly cleaned ;) ) to my 10g, to go for a new clean look. I have to say it looks so much better.
(The 10g looks better in person and the lighting of the pic makes it look a lil scruffy, unfortunately)
And feedback, thoughts, ideas, are welcome!
IMG_6842.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6854.webp
    IMG_6854.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6852.webp
    IMG_6852.webp
    237 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6848.webp
    IMG_6848.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6849.webp
    IMG_6849.webp
    191.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6845.webp
    IMG_6845.webp
    203 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6848 (2).webp
    IMG_6848 (2).webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6848 (1).webp
    IMG_6848 (1).webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6843.webp
    IMG_6843.webp
    250.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6844.webp
    IMG_6844.webp
    171 KB · Views: 29
Been a minute for sure. Got only 7 shrimp in the 20 long, and down to 4 peppered corydoras. Tanks doing good overall, working on changing dosing schedules for ferts and trying to get the plants to get a bit bigger and greener. Same ole same ole


IMG_7926.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6848 (2).webp
    IMG_6848 (2).webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 20

Most reactions

Back
Top